“Great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Baraboo
Appleton, United States
“Great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was amazed at the quality of the hotel for the price I paid. The staff was wonderful and made you feel like a guest. Check in was smooth and easy and they answered all the questions I had, without making me feel like I was intruding. The room was clean and comfortable. The only downfall was the wake-up call did not go off, so use the alarm clock!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Christine H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
April,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. We love using our guest reviews to know when we need improvement, and it is especially nice, after reading a review, to know what we are doing well already.

I want to apologize that your wake-up call did not go off for you. That could be the result of human or computer error as entry and execution are tied to both. I will share your review with our front desk staff as a reminder of the importance of entering these for the correct time, room, and day. I will also ask our maintenance person to check and make sure the system is operating correctly.

Thank you, again, for your kind words of affirmation for our staff. I will absolutely pass along your compliments. We are coming off of the summer season, and we can all feel a little worn out this time of year. A few kind words of encouragement to keep up the good work can go a long way.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope we will see you again soon! Fall is my personal favorite time of year in Baraboo, and I am glad you were able to come enjoy!

Thank you, again, and please feel free to contact me with any further questions, concerns, or comments,

202 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just got back from Baraboo and I had an average stay. The room was big and nice, very clean but I definitely didn't like to share a porch with the room next door. Kinda creepy. It is very close to the highway so if you don't like too much noise, make sure you take earplugs with you. Breakfast was alright. The jacuzzi in the room was great. I would stay again but I would make sure I had war plugs because the noise was awful.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Ana-Van-Pelt,

I want to thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was very pleased reading your review as you were very kind in sharing places of improvement and complimented our housekeepers for providing a clean guest room.

Unfortunately, I think you may have us confused with another hotel! We don’t have porches off of our guest rooms- the only entrance to any of our guest rooms is from the interior hallway in the hotel. We do have a patio outside of our pool, but even that area is not accessible from guest rooms.

If you’d like to contact me I might be able to help you locate the appropriate hotel so that you might be able to post your review on their Trip Advisor page,

Thank you again, and please do feel free to contact me!

McHenry, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Nice overall hotel. However our room had a very potent odor of deoderizer in it, in which we had to open a window. Availability for groups to hang out and talk was very limited after 10 p.m. ( there with family from out of town) Overall a decent place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Kimberly,

I very much appreciate the time you've taken to share you experience at our hotel. I do wish very much that you would have left with more than a decent impression, and I want to thank you for giving us the feedback we need to improve prior to you next stay with us.

I want to apologize for the deodorizer smell in your room. I have passed along your concern with our head of housekeeping. We do have an odor neutralizing spray that we use, but it shouldn't be leaving a strong odor in the rooms. I am going to check and see if we've recently switched products or if specific housekeeper is using more than necessary. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and again, I am very sorry for the unpleasantness!

I would like very much for you to contact me to discuss some of your concerns directly. I am the primary contact for group gatherings at the hotel, and I’d like very much to share with you the options that are available or were arranged by your group contact. I have only had one family group arrange meeting space with me this October, and I would be happy to attach any of your concerns with that group’s file if it is the same group that you stayed with.

We do have rooms used for gathering space frequently, but those rooms are located within the hotel and are located near guest rooms. The primary function of our hotel is to provide a comfortable, clean, and friendly place for travelers to rest while away from home, and because of this promise to all of our guests we do ask that our groups either retire to their guest rooms or the bar/restaurant when quiet hours at the hotel begin.

Auxvasse, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The room was very nice - all the staff was very pleasant and helpful in suggesting places to see and eat. We ate in the restaurant attached and the staff was very nice. One thing is, we could not find an ice machine - in the room it said it was by the soda machines, but did not see it - It would be helpful if it was actually there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Terry,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with our fellow Trip Advisors! We do our best to take guest feedback into consideration while prioritizing updates and improvements. It is also very helpful to know what we are already doing right so we know to keep up the practice.

I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff. Thank you, especially, for commenting on the cleanliness of your room. I am always happy to thank our housekeepers on behalf of a guest. They hold very important positions in relation to guest comfort, but this position is often forgotten when compliments come in. All of our staff will be happy to know they contributed to your positive experience.

I also want to thank you for bringing your concern about the ice machine placement to our attention. I will have to double check the listing in our guestbook as we are about to reprint. The ice machine is located near soda machines, but we do have vending areas in two parts of the hotel. It really should be described as near the pool to clear up misdirection. I am so sorry for this confusion, and please be assured that I will do what I can to avoid it in the future.

skokie il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

my husband and I stayed at the Baraboo Inn and had a wonderful time! The front desk girl on Friday was business-like but a smile wouldn't have hurt her. But it was towards late afternoon and maybe she had a long day. The young man who took over was extremely nice and helpful! We had a problem with the toilet the first night and saturday morning in the lobby, my husband mentioned he was going to the front desk about it...and before he could get there..Steve, the maintenance man, said to him, "I hear you are having a problem with the toilet?" And proceeded to get our room number and went upstairs and took care of it immediately. I read the reviews where people were complaining about the carpeting...I saw nothing wrong at all with the carpeting or anything else for that matter in the hotel. Our bed was very comfortable and we had three nights and four days of utter relaxation! We will stay there again, that's for sure!

Room Tip: we had requested a room on the first floor..but the first two nights they were booked and we had bee...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear HotFib1,

Thank you so much for sharing the impressions you had from your recent stay with us. I always have a special appreciation for reviews that are written with honesty. Your review was very positive, but you mentioned areas of where things could be improved. It isn’t often that I receive constructive affirmation.

I will speak to the front desk clerk who was very business-like. There is a place for professionalism, but friendliness is a part of our profession. I will also pass along your compliments to Daniel. He generally stays on top of the TripAdvisor reviews for the hotel (he enjoys reading them), but I will make sure he knows I read the review, and I will thank him for his positive service.

I shared your compliment with Steve, our head of maintenance. While he is the primary person who keeps things working at the hotel his job is often times unappreciated. Guests notice when things don’t work, but they don’t think of who should be thanked when everything does work. He was particularly excited to know his efforts were appreciated, and I am very grateful to you for making mention of his efforts.

I am so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you plan to return to our hotel the next time you are in our area. Thank you, again, and please know I am available should you have any questions or concerns in the future,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here two nights for a class reunion and were very pleased with our experience. On arrival we were checked in promptly and the hotel had prepared a welcome envelope containing helpful information as well as vouchers for daily breakfast from the menu in Bonzos, connected to the hotel. We planned a group breakfast for Sunday in the restaurant but they reserved a conference room for us with waitress and juice/ coffee waiting. All staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were quiet and clean. Top notch time!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear GolfGuy46,

We were so excited to have your reunion stay with us! I am so glad that you enjoyed your time at our hotel, and I am especially glad to know that some of the little things we did in an effort to make your group feel welcome were appreciated.

We always try to do something a little special for groups that chose to stay with us, and I’ve found the welcome envelopes work nicely- it was fun to be able to share with your class that all of our local management graduated from the same high school.

I will be passing along your review with all of our departments. Our staff works to create the same hotel experience they would like to have when traveling, and I know they will all be encouraged to know they contributed positively to your stay.

I am also very glad to know the breakfast went well for you. Often times, when we know a group is coming to the hotel, we will offer to set up and serve breakfast separately. It is easier on staff, but mostly we feel it is nice for groups to have some privacy for their visit together.

I hope you enjoyed all of your reunion (I am assuming you did as a good part of your reunion was at the Baraboo Country Club)- and I hope you will come stay with us the next time you return to the Baraboo area,

Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed one night over labor day weekend. Had a rock climbing lesson scheduled for early Monday morning at Balanced Rock, and wanted to be close to the park.

Yes, the carpets need replacing, but other than that, it was a very nice stay. The people were over the top friendly and helpful. The on site restaurant worked out great for us. The room we were in did have an updated TV (32 in LED). There was also a small fridge and microwave.

Beds were comfy and the shower had good water pressure.

The price was awesome (97) for a holiday weekend in the Dells area.

I would definitely stay again if I were in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear R J,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. We know how busy our guests are, and that is why we appreciate so much when you take time out of your schedule to share with our fellow TripAdvisors!

Thank you for being so understanding about the carpeting issue. It is incredibly encouraging to have a guest share that while it is something that needs to be done we still have a great staff working to provide a nice place for visitors to stay.

We try to provide a clean, comfortable, and caring environment at a reasonable price. I am glad you were able to find value at our hotel while in the area to enjoy the rock climbing opportunities! Devil’s Lake is a beautiful place, and it is my favorite thing for our guests to enjoy while in our area.

Thank you, also, for pointing out the updates we have made. The flat screens are in, and we hope to add several more updates to the list soon,

Thank you, again, and please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or concerns in the future,

bestwesternsales@baraboo.com

Been to BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn? Share your experiences!