Others have written about issues they have had with BW Baraboo. Our stay was uneventful in terms of issues, but it does not really jump out at you as a great place to visit.
Our room was clean.
Shower was hot and streamed well
AC (in room and noisy) worked OK on some very hot days
Lobby comfortable enough and a computer is available to use.
Free coffee in lobby day and night (very nice perk)
Pool (indoor) is nice for kids and open to 11pm
Breakfast is more than the typical "continental" - you get a choice of an entree at the attached restaurant. (Having noted this there is no way I would pay what they would have charged for the breakfast as most of it was heat and serve...)
Good about filling coolers with ice as needed
Indifferent staff (mostly - did have one or two helpful people)
Carpets in halls need a good cleaning or replacement
Mattresses not the greatest - somewhat lumpy
Bathrooms tiny - sink in bedrooms
Pricing all over the map. We got a good deal by using the internet. Calling in or visiting will add 60% or more to room cost - yikes!
So would we stay there again - yes. Not many choices if going as a family and some of the other places looked worse. Would for sure reserve over internet and make sure you let them know in advance if you need something. While waiting in lobby heard a conversation between a mother and check-in staff regarding having a room which has a microwave (which they do) as she had a newborn and needed to heat up bottles etc. No such rooms available and no micros could be put into room she had booked... She was told to next time make sure to advise in advance. (The hotel was indeed booked out because of Harley riders heading into Mke). After a lot of back and forth the clerk finally said she could move her to a "handicapped" room that was available which had a micro since she was only staying for one night... Seemed like the natural choice to me right from the start once I heard this - why go through all the nack and forth?
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Baraboo Hotel Baraboo
- Best Western Baraboo Hotel
- Best Western Baraboo
- Baraboo Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please allow the staff at the Best Western Baraboo Inn the opportunity to show you true Midwestern hospitality the next time you find yourself in the Baraboo area. This hotel, nestled on the north side of Baraboo on Highway 12, is conveniently located near some of Wisconsin’s most treasured natural areas and preserves: the International Crane Foundation, The Aldo Leopold Center, and Devil’s Lake State Park. The hotel also offers close proximity to the Wisconsin Dells (Waterpark Capital of the World), where guests get to see a completely different face of Wisconsin tourism. A complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast is now provided to all registered hotel guests in our adjoining restaurant. This property is 100% smoke-free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Best Western, Hotels.com, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.