“Great stay in the Dells” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Baraboo
chgo, United States
“Great stay in the Dells”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

the hotel is clean attractive, and comfortable. Staff couldn't be nicer. the free breakfast is quite good. the location to the Dells water attractions isn't the closest, but the few minute ride is worth staying at this motel. We stayed at another hotel in the area for years, but since finding this place, this the only place we stay when in the Dells

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Christine H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Robert G,

I am so glad to hear that we have been able to add and keep you in our guest-family! One of the most wonderful things about working at a hotel is being able to build ongoing relationships with guests as they visit our home area. I am going to pass along your feedback to our staff as I know they will be glad to know and hear how their efforts have created a home-away-from-home for you!

Thank you, so much, for sharing your feedback with us. Guests who have stayed with us multiples times over a great period of time, such as yourself, really offer a fair and balanced perspective of the experience guests will have with us.

Hopefully we’ll be seeing you again soon-

608.356.1100
bestwesternsales@baraboo.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Wisc Rapids, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Room was nice but could use updating (especially bathroom). Pool area was adequate, but no bathroom. Beds were comfortable and breakfast was great. For the price, it was worth it and close to attractions.

Kris G,

Thank you so much for sharing with us your thoughts, suggestions, and impressions of our hotel. We really value guest feedback as it enables us to prioritize our efforts in order to better serve our guests.

I am really glad that our effort to keep our rates as low as possible considering the demand in the area was appreciated. I am especially glad that this enabled you to visit area attractions! There are so many wonderful things to do in our area, and I am always joyful to hear about guests’ positive experiences.

I agree that there are updates needing to be made at our property. Thankfully we were able to afford new flat screen televisions this year- and we are looking forward to updating some countertops next! On top of my personal priority list is the replacement of our carpeting in public areas, but everything has to wait its turn 

While I know we have a shower in the pool area- I must admit I have often times wished we had a bathroom adjoining or included in the pool area. There is, of course, a public restroom down the hall, but it does require guests walk through the lobby in their swimsuits! I understand how uncomfortable and inconvenient this can be- especially if you have little ones to run to the bathroom. Added a restroom would be a major construction project and probably not feasible in the immediate future, but I will share you suggestion/comment with our General Manager and property management company.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share- and I also want to extend myself to you should you have further questions, comments, or concerns,

608.356.1100
bestwesternsales@baraboo.com
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The rooms are okay, the usual thing in semi-rural Wisconsin. The bed was a bit too soft, and the in-room air-conditioning way too noisy. The "included" breakfast is a joke: I can't remember when I had such terrible food or service. And the same goes for the attached restaurant for anything else: inexperienced staff and poor menu and beverage choices.

Room Tip: Try something on the upper floor away from the road for less noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Divot_Digger,

I want to thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am really glad that you found your room sufficiently clean and comfortable, and I will pass along your feedback as an encouragement to the departments involved in your positive comments.

I also want to apologize for not meeting or exceeding expectations during your experience(s) in our adjoining restaurant. I hope you will be kind enough to contact me directly with specific feedback regarding areas you feel improvement is necessary. I have printed off a copy of your review for our general manager and kitchen supervisor- between the two of them they manage the kitchen and restaurant. My management really doesn’t extend to that department of hotel operations, but their efforts certainly affect the guests I strive to please.

We are coming up on our year anniversary of serving the breakfast in our restaurant off the menu (as opposed to our previous expanded continental breakfast). We are going to be evaluating whether the extra effort and staff is really improving the guest experience. I want to thank you for your feedback on this as it is going to be helpful in our upcoming evaluation. I hope that the drastic change we made in our switch to this format is an indication that we do listen to guest feedback and are willing to implement change!

I am including the contact information for our General Manager, Melissa Lentz. She will be heading up the upcoming evaluation of the breakfast format, and I know she would be happy for any additional feedback you may be able to provide!

& Melissa Lentz, GM- 608.356.1100 or mlentz@mars-llc.com
cedar rapids, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

stay there if your are going to the Baraboo/Wisconsin dells area- good price-good service- convenient locaton. We will definately stay there again. LOts of restaurants near by and the Dells is just a 5-10 minute drive away (its much less congested the closer you get to Baraboo)

Julie S,

Thank you for taking the time to share some of the positive aspects of your stay with us this summer. Some of the things that you’ve pointed out are, in my opinion, some of the nicest things about our location.

Yes, we are located a short distance from the Delton/Dells area, but I actually think this distance is a positive thing for our guests. We aren’t so far that a day taking advantage of the Dells attractions is difficult, but we aren’t “in the thick of it”. We have many guests you choose to drive the 15 minutes for a much quieter night.

I am really glad that our “quiet little town” was a benefit for you- and I’m especially glad you were able to enjoy the attractions and restaurants in the area.

Please feel free to contact me any time with further feedback, and again, thank you for sharing your impressions!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The room was great. Very clean, comfy beds with an assortment of pillows. Bathroom was very clean & nice too. Breakfast was included, but was mediocre. All the help was very friendly, especially Daniel, the front desk person. He was extremely helpful with suggestions of things to do in the area. I would definitely stay here again, & would like to rate this 3 1/2 stars.

Mary C,

Thank you so much for taking some time after your visit with us to share your impressions and concerns. We appreciate any and all feedback from guests- both feedback that encourages positive aspects of our hotel’s effort and discourages practices that need improvement.

I will be passing along your appreciation for your clean hotel room to our housekeeping staff. Housekeepers are some of the hardest working, important members of a hotel’s staff and their work is often times extremely under-appreciated. THANK YOU so much for including their work in your praise. They will all be incredibly encouraged to know that their effort was as positive part of your stay with us.

I will also be passing along your compliments to the rest of our staff. We are truly blessed to have a team full of people with hearts for people and a passion for hospitality. I love hearing when the person-to-person interaction is positive!

I also want to apologize for not exceeding certain expectations during your breakfast experience. We are coming up on our year anniversary of serving the breakfast in our restaurant off the menu (as opposed to our previous expanded continental breakfast). We’ve had similar feedback from other guests over the summer, and we are going to be evaluating whether the extra effort and staff is really improving the guest experience. I want to thank you for your feedback on this as it is going to be helpful in our upcoming evaluation. I hope that the drastic change we made in our switch to this format is an indication that we do listen to guest feedback and are willing to implement change!

Please feel free to contact me directly (I hope you do) with any addition feedback or suggestions. We would love to hear specifics about your breakfast experience,

608.356.110 or bestwesternsales@baraboo.com
hot springs, sd
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Found the BW in Baraboo to be an accommodating hotel. Just a chain, but attached to a pleasant little bar/restaurant and the motel rooms had a handy desk and reasonably comfortable easy chair, great for managing computer and a bit of work. Most notably, though, the staff was really exceptional. Even arranged to keep the bar open a bit past the planned closing so I could get a bar after my twelve hour drive. Very pleasant people, from the front desk to the bartender to housekeeping. Lacks any particular ambience, but there is a little patio and I believe the river was back there somewhere, just didn't have time to explore. It was for me an easy walk (mile and a half) to historic downtown and the free breakfast was substantial.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Dusty P,

I am so glad that you were able to take advantage of the Executive King rooms our hotel has to offer. We have 12 rooms on our 3rd floor that have had amenities specifically added with business travelers in mind. The larger desk, larger chair, additional outlets, and even top-floor placement were all taken into consideration to make work away from the office as comfortable as possible.

You’ve really thought of everything as you’ve shared your thoughts and impressions of our hotel. I will be passing along your encouragements to the kitchen, restaurant staff, front desk, housekeeping, etc- I know everyone will be glad to know they made a positive impact on your stay.

I hope you took advantage of our proximity to the nearby attractions while you were with us! Thank you, again, for sharing your review with all of us on TripAdvisor. Please feel free to contact me directly if you ever have any need!

Clive, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Good price for a hotel very close to the Dells without the expense. Front desk very helpful. Ice available to stock cooler. Free breakfast for family of four with two rooms. Pool good but pool room very hot. Refrigerator in every room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Dave R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to thoughtfully run through your observations of our hotel. We have a special appreciation for you reviews that share over-all impressions with a little extra detail included.

I agree that the pool area is warm. Of course part of that is due to the windowed walls, heated pool water, and general warm summer temperatures. Our head of maintenance has said the feeling has a lot to do with the humidity of the pool area, and we have recently spoken to a couple of companies about quotes for updating the ventilation system. Feedback like yours justify the update!

Thank you for your kind words for our staff and front desk specifically. I will pass along your feedback to the appropriate departments (and our general manager) as I know that the encouragement is especially nice as we find ourselves in the homestretch of the summer season!

Again, thank you, and please feel free to contact me should you have any further feedback or concerns,

Sales Manger
608.356.1100 or bestwesternsales@baraboo.com

Been to BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn? Share your experiences!