“Best Western Baraboo” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Baraboo
hot springs, sd
“Best Western Baraboo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Found the BW in Baraboo to be an accommodating hotel. Just a chain, but attached to a pleasant little bar/restaurant and the motel rooms had a handy desk and reasonably comfortable easy chair, great for managing computer and a bit of work. Most notably, though, the staff was really exceptional. Even arranged to keep the bar open a bit past the planned closing so I could get a bar after my twelve hour drive. Very pleasant people, from the front desk to the bartender to housekeeping. Lacks any particular ambience, but there is a little patio and I believe the river was back there somewhere, just didn't have time to explore. It was for me an easy walk (mile and a half) to historic downtown and the free breakfast was substantial.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Christine H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dusty P,

I am so glad that you were able to take advantage of the Executive King rooms our hotel has to offer. We have 12 rooms on our 3rd floor that have had amenities specifically added with business travelers in mind. The larger desk, larger chair, additional outlets, and even top-floor placement were all taken into consideration to make work away from the office as comfortable as possible.

You’ve really thought of everything as you’ve shared your thoughts and impressions of our hotel. I will be passing along your encouragements to the kitchen, restaurant staff, front desk, housekeeping, etc- I know everyone will be glad to know they made a positive impact on your stay.

I hope you took advantage of our proximity to the nearby attractions while you were with us! Thank you, again, for sharing your review with all of us on TripAdvisor. Please feel free to contact me directly if you ever have any need!

608.356.1100 or bestwesternsales@baraboo.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Clive, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Good price for a hotel very close to the Dells without the expense. Front desk very helpful. Ice available to stock cooler. Free breakfast for family of four with two rooms. Pool good but pool room very hot. Refrigerator in every room.

Dave R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to thoughtfully run through your observations of our hotel. We have a special appreciation for you reviews that share over-all impressions with a little extra detail included.

I agree that the pool area is warm. Of course part of that is due to the windowed walls, heated pool water, and general warm summer temperatures. Our head of maintenance has said the feeling has a lot to do with the humidity of the pool area, and we have recently spoken to a couple of companies about quotes for updating the ventilation system. Feedback like yours justify the update!

Thank you for your kind words for our staff and front desk specifically. I will pass along your feedback to the appropriate departments (and our general manager) as I know that the encouragement is especially nice as we find ourselves in the homestretch of the summer season!

Again, thank you, and please feel free to contact me should you have any further feedback or concerns,

Sales Manger
Covington, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our family left the Best Western at Baraboo very impressed! Ms. Hutchens and her staff made us feel so welcomed! We were given the atrium to meet as a family(reunion) to dine, to fellowship, and love on one another in private every morning during our stay. It was special for us to do this w/o disturbing other guests during breakfast. Good full hot breakfast!! Rooms are clean! Staff professional!! Plenty clean towels! If you need a place to stay in the Dells....your place is Best Western at Baraboo! Baraboo is less than 10 minutes from Wisconsin Dells. In my "arnold schwarzenegger voice".....we will be back!!! All of us!! Just to let y'all know I've never known a busines to send you flowers and they are beatuiful flowers!!!

Schooling Mom,

Your family was such a joy to have with us this summer! I will keep this response brief as I know I’ve already communicated with you since you left the hotel, but I just wanted to say thank you, again.

I am so glad to hear that the little things we did to be helpful were appreciated, and I all of your positive feedback has really helped me nail down some of our large group practices. Setting aside a separate breakfast/area for gathering, putting everyone’s rooms near each other, etc- thank you for the affirmation! It does take a little more organizing, but my goal is always to provide the most positive experience for our guests and now I know these things are a good way to do that!

I don’t send flowers to every group contact, but your family was such a gracious, encouraging group that I felt I needed to say an extra little thank you. I am glad you enjoyed the bouquet  We look forward to having you back again! Best wishes from all of us,

608.356.1100- bestwesternsales@baraboo.com
Skokie, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I've stayed at at many hotels in the Dells area ~ with kids and without. Hands down, this is the best hotel for price in the area. Clean, quiet rooms. Extremely comfortable bed, microwave, fridge. Breakfast in the restaurant included. Just a wonderful experience!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Marie C,

I am so glad to hear that our hotel was able to be a positive contributor to you time in our area! Most everyone on staff here is from the area or has lived here for quite a while, and we all strive to provide a good “home base” for guests visiting our home.

I want to assure you that I am passing along all of your kind words to the appropriate departments as I like to make our TripAdvisor feedback as useful as possible- and affirming good practices is often times just as useful as discouraging bad ones.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We all look forward to having you back in our area again. Summer is winding down, but the beautiful fall colors will be covering the Baraboo hills soon- worth another trip!

Brighton, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

All I can say is: STAY ACROSS THE STREET AT THE CLARION. I wish I were there tonight, but they were sold out. This place is so dated, the internet connection is slow as molasses, the bed looks horrible, lots of screaming kids in the pool area. Just not my idea of a good time.

Room Tip: Go across the highway to the Clarion.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Christine H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Kompi56,

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. I was, of course, disappointed to read your review, but very grateful for the opportunity to address some of your concerns.

We have an internet provider that specializes in hotel provision. This issue was particularly discouraging as we typically have very good reviews about our wireless internet because we have such specialized support. We have the capability of calling them and having their support team specifically address internet connection issues on a room by room basis. Please know, if we are able to serve you again, that this service can be provided by our front desk staff or by calling the number for internet support in our guest books.

I agree that there are updates needing to be made at our hotel, and I would welcome any specific suggestions you might be able to share with us. We are due for our Best Western mandated Property Improvement Plan, and we will be discussing guest feedback with the team coming to access the property. I will provide my contact information at the end of this note if you’d be so kind as to share some recommendations with me.

Our hotel did change our bedding packages to the triple white sheeting being used in many hotels to help assure guests that bedding is clean. We have also been featuring Simmons Beautyrest Pillowtop mattresses for several years because of the positive feedback we’ve received about these mattresses. I was hoping you might be able to include what about the bed you didn’t care for. I wasn’t sure, reading your response, if it wasn’t made properly, if the bedding wasn’t of your taste, or if there was some other issue. I would greatly appreciate more information so that we might address any issues more specifically.

We do welcome guests of all ages to our hotel. The Baraboo-Dells area is home to many family-oriented attractions. We do require any youth groups sign a “Silence is Golden” agreement in an effort to curb “young noise”, but this time of year we have many children visiting with their families and we do our best to balance respecting parenting choices with guest comfort. Please know that our front desk staff will always address noise issues as noticed or as they are made aware.

Lastly, I know I have asked that you contact me to provide some further suggestions and information so that we might better address your concerns, but I’d also like to speak with you about the Best Western brand. I have a special affinity for the brand as an employee, and I noticed that the only 3 poor reviews you have shared with TripAdvisor were reviews of Best Western properties. Best Western did roll out a descriptor program in an effort to communicate to guests what sort of amenities to expect from different Best Westerns. We do take pride in providing hotels that aren’t cookie cutter replicas while striving to provide a consistent level of care, cleanliness, and convenience. If you’d like to talk to me about brand concerns please know I am available, and Best Western corporate is also always willing to take suggestions for the brand as a whole.

Luck, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a decent hotel if you're looking to avoid the expensive hotels near the Dells and avoid the Dells completely during peak summer season. Rooms are a little out-dated, but function without being a complete poor hotel room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Joshua P,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share a snapshot of our hotel. I always appreciate when guests make an effort to share an overview that includes things we’ve gotten right and things we need to improve upon. These reviews are especially helpful as they provide affirmation and motivation at the same time!

We do try to keep our rates as low as possible while keeping in mind the demand for rooms in the Baraboo-Dells area. There are so many wonderful things to do in the area, and Baraboo definitely provides a slightly quieter, more budget friendly place to come rest after a day of fun in the Dells.

I also want to apologize and acknowledge that there are updates needing to be made at the hotel. This year we were able to get flat screens in all of the rooms, and we hope to finish getting microwaves in the rooms still needing them. Of course my personal dream is new carpeting in the hotel! The Best Western brand does require that all properties go through a Property Improvement Plan, and our hotel is due for ours this year. This will be a wonderful way to help us prioritize the updates needing to be made while complying with Best Western brand standards. I hope to keep you and all of our TripAdvisors updated about our updates!

Thank you, again, and please feel free to contact me with the updates you’d like to see made!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Very nice hotel with a great staff. We normally stay when we visit the Wisconsin Dells area. The only complaint I have is I wish they would go back to the continental breakfast they used to serve it was much better.

Dear TripAdvisor Contributor,

I want to thank you for sharing your impressions of the hotel. I want to thank you especially for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We do have a wonderful staff full of people who share a love for our area, and we all hope to provide a clean, comfortable place for anyone traveling to the Baraboo-Dells area.

Last fall we switched our breakfast into the restaurant in an effort to address some space issues. The variety and kinds of food required by Best Western brand standards was requiring space and kitchen requirements that we really didn't have space for in the room we had built for breakfast. The switch was drastic and it was entirely made in an effort to provide a better guest experience. Unfortunately this switch has created some issues that we hadn't completely anticipated.

I hope that the fact that we were willing to make such a drastic change is an indication of our willingness to take on change for the benefit of our guests. We are currently looking at yet another change in our breakfast format in an effort to provide a more expedient breakfast experience (and also tasty).

Thank you so much for sharing this preference. We rely heavily on guest feedback in order to know what changes (drastic or subtle) we need to be making! Please feel free to contact me if you’d like to share more detail or suggestion-

bestwesternsales@baraboo.com

Been to BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn? Share your experiences!