“Good value and convenient for visiting circus world” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #2 of 9 hotels in Baraboo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Good value and convenient for visiting circus world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed in 2 adjoining rooms with 3 adults and 4 small children - during a weekend getaway to visit Circus World museum.

The AARP price was very reasonable and the staff was pleasant and helpful with my requests for adjoining rooms on the "quiet side" and for a possible early check- in (which we actually did not end up needing.) We were on the first floor near the small bar/restaurant that is part of the hotel. We did experience a small amount of noise - some running sounds from upstairs and a bit of door slamming noise - but nothing out of the norm for a hotel.

We had rooms with two comfortable beds each, a modern TV, table with two chairs, and a fridge/microwave cabinet. The bathroom was good size with a nice large counter and the shower was good. Towels were plentiful and decently thick. Free coffee was available at both the front desk and a coffee maker in the room.

The pool was good size and ranged from 3-5 ft. It was clean and a bit on the coolish side. The hot tub was right next to the pool and was wonderful.

After checking in at the end of our full day at Circus World, we decided to eat dinner in the attached restaurant rather than pack everyone back in the car. They have salads, sandwiches, and several entrees in the 9-12 dollar range, plus 5 dollar kids meals. Food was good and generous portions - we recommend the prime rib sandwich!

There is no breakfast buffet. Included with the room is a coupon for 1 entree/1 drink in the restaurant. We enjoyed the cinnamon roll french toast and veggie omelet. Coffee did not count as the "drink" - so was able to have it along with juice. It really was quite a nice change to enjoy a hot, fresh breakfast - instead of the usual rolls and cereal at most other hotels. The only thing we missed was the ability to get juice or milk for the kids - prior to going to the actual breakfast - so bring some with you and put it in your room fridge - if traveling with small children.

Baraboo is only 15 minutes from Wisconsin Dells - so I would certainly consider staying here again if visiting the outdoor waterparks or other attractions in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Christine H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear BudgetTraveler55,

I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Your review was a pleasure to read, but not only because of its positive content. It completely affirms the reason most of us at the hotel have chosen to work in hospitality. We all strive to enhance the Baraboo experience for anyone coming to visit the city we’ve made home.

My favorite part of your review was at the end when you noted how close we are to the Dells area, and that you are considering coming back to stay with us. There is so much to do in the area, and I really believe a trip back to see anything you might not have had time for would be well worth the visit. Please feel free to call our front desk or me if you have any questions about attractions in the area.

You were so good to share the details of your stay, and I want to thank you for the full review of our breakfast. It is still relatively new, and we really appreciate all of the feedback we can get. I am sure other travelers will appreciate the wonderful tips you’ve made (bringing juice boxes, etc.), but I want to assure you that your review will also be shared with all departments for the sake of encouragement and improvement where possible.

We look forward to sharing Baraboo with you again in the future, and I hope you will feel free to contact me if you have further comments or questions.

Best Western Baraboo Inn

208 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
East Troy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had a very pleasant and affordable stay and were very impressed with the service. Daniel's service was exceptional and boarded on mind-reading, anticipating our needs with ease. Overall a great and restful stay.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Christine H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Brandon L,

Thank you so much for the review you shared with us this past week. Daniel, our front desk clerk and unofficial concierge, was thrilled to know he was able to affect your stay in such a positive way. While Daniel doesn’t actually read minds he does truly enjoy sharing our area with our guests, and I truly enjoy being able to tell him when it is appreciated.

I am so very glad to know you enjoyed an affordable, comfortable stay with us. Please feel free to contact me anytime with suggestions, questions, or concerns. I hope we will be seeing you again soon. There is so much to do in our area in the summer time! However, I did share recently with another guest that our area is particularly beautiful in the fall…Either way, I hope to see you again soon.

608.356.1100 (t)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend before the summer season started. It was nice, quiet and clean. But, the best thing about our stay was the staff. Everyone was so friendly and helpful! Especially the young man at the front desk, I think his name is Daniel...but I'm not sure. He gave us a lot of great info on attractions along with directions how to get there. We plan to visit Baraboo again (hopefully this fall) and we will definately stay at the Best Western.

• Stayed May 2013
Grads11mom,

I want to apologize for not responding to your review until now. We have been steadily creeping into the business of summer, but it was important to me that I share with you how grateful I am for the time you took to share your experience with those of us on TripAdvisor.

We are incredibly blessed to have a staff full of people who have a collective heart for hospitality. We also count ourselves lucky to live in an area with so many wonderful attractions for people to come visit and enjoy.

I did pass along your compliment to Daniel right away, and he was thrilled to know his efforts were well appreciated. He has taken on the unofficial role of concierge at our hotel, and he works very hard to help people find the right place in our area to find the most enjoyment while visiting the area.

Autumn is my (and many others) favorite season in the Baraboo area. The color change is absolutely beautiful to watch as it moves over the bluffs.

We look forward to your return to us after the summer season, and thank you, again, for the kind words of affirmation!

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have no complaints about my stay. I do recommend staying on the west side away from the road, which I switched immediately. My new room then had a TV malfunction that the staff fixed quickly.
All very nice people. The facility is older; my room had the old push button control AC unit.
Luckily it was quiet. Plus a small frig and microwave too. The TV was a HD flat screen .Everything was clean and well maintained. The cost was very low. Breakfast in the adjacent restaurant was good and quick. The server was bubbly and a hustler. They offer many options of the menu as part of your stay. Great idea, and nice change from the typical buffet.

Room Tip: Stay away from highway side. Ground floor was quiet, bare in mind this is still the off season.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Christine H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
B W,

It was wonderful of you to review of our hotel and your experience here with us. I love when our guests take the time to share the details of their stay and share suggestions with future guests.

I want to apologize about the sound issue you encountered on your television when you first checked in, and I am very glad we were able to get it addressed right away. I appreciate you so much for giving us the opportunity immediately upon arrival to switch you to a room that would be more comfortable and also for giving us the opportunity to fix the television. We are always happy to be able to address these sorts of needs immediately!

We are located on one of the main roads in Baraboo, and while this makes finding the hotel more convenient it does sometime create a noise issue. Thank you for sharing your suggestion to be on the side of the building that faces away from the road. We also have a wing of our hotel that is set back a little farther from the road, and we have found this area of the hotel has slightly less traffic noise as well.

We moved away from the continental breakfast last fall, and I am so glad for your opinion on the change. It is still a relatively new addition to our guest experience, and I am always happy for feedback. I am glad your breakfast was a good start to your day!

I hope very much to have you stay with us again in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do personally to be of assistance,

Racine, Wisconsin, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Great stay; loved the bed and the room. Very comfortable. The only thing was; we arrived at 1:00 a.m. got into bed at 1:30 to sleep.. Couldnt sleep. The people in the next room over decided to have sex: it was like they were having sex in our room it was that clear of voices... Needless to say I finally got to sleep at 2:30 a.m. to get up at 6a.m. It was nasty; why are the walls so thin!?!?! I even had a child with me that couldn't sleep due to this!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rachel G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am very glad that you found the bed and room comfortable, but I am very sorry to hear about the disturbance you had while with us!

We hope to give all of our guests a comfortable, peaceful night of rest, and I am sorry this wasn’t entirely your experience. Occasionally we have guests who stay with us who aren’t considerate of their neighbors. We at the hotel are always disappointed to hear when one guest affects another in a less than positive way.

I want to assure you, for future stays with us, that our front desk clerks are all very willing to call or visit rooms and ask that they lower their noise level. I am very sorry that we weren’t able to address this for you at the time, but I hope you will accept my apologies and promises to address sort of issue if it ever happens again.

I am very glad you were able to visit the Baraboo area, and if there is every anything we can do to be of service to you in the future please let me know. I would be happy to discuss any of your concerns or thoughts further if you would like to contact me,

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Were there for pleasure - ending cabin fever from our long winter and late spring by hiking some trails at Devils Lake. Two weekend trips, one with family (wife & mother-in-law), one later trip just as a couple. Great local knowledge by night staff (Daniel) of other local scenery (Derwoods Glen, Pewits Nest). Fantastic price on a clean, hot tub room. Room service steak dinner from restaurant was simple and superlative. Slight bit of road noise from Hwy 12 but all in all, batteries recharged and ready to get back to nature for the remaining spring and summer/fall seasons.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor room on back side of hotel for minimal noise
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Christine H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Aaron,

I can’t begin to tell you how happy and assured I felt reading your review! Not only were you in the Baraboo area enjoying my own personal favorite “attractions”, but our hotel and staff was able to be a positive part of your time in our town.

I am so glad that we were able to provide a place for your mother-in-law, wife, and you to come back to after enjoying the beautiful natural areas nearby.

I want to thank you, especially, for your kind words for our staff. I will, of course, be passing along your compliments to Daniel, the staff in Bonzos, and housekeeping. We have been blessed with a team that truly loves the Baraboo area, and we all try and create an atmosphere as welcoming as possible. Your words of affirmation will make everyone very happy!

I’ve already shared your review with our General Manager, and her response was, “He’s pretty much summarized why we do what we do…I love it when people discover and enjoy our little gem.” Now, I don’t know if she was referring to our hotel, our natural areas, or our town in general, but Baraboo has been referred to as the “Gem City” since the early 1900’s (I think around then). The nickname was originally indicative of the semi-precious stones around the Devil’s Lake/Baraboo Hills, but I think it applies nicely to a pretty little town nestled in the hills.

I look forward to continuing to be your home-base when return to the Baraboo area to hike and explore. If there is ever anything I can do to help you in the future please let me know,

Waterloo, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were comfortable, good sized & clean. The pool was nice & clean & the kids all had a great time swimming. We came as a large group with lots of kids & staff made us feel very welcome! Daniel the gentleman at the front desk was very friendly & could not have been more accommodating. The restaurant was good & offered a wide variety of breakfast choices (free for all guests).
Manager Christine was very nice & went above & beyond to make sure everything was just right.
Hope to stay there again next year!

• Stayed March 2013
Christine H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Sara,

Your group was such a joy to have at the hotel, and I am SO happy that we’ll be hosting you all again next year! I will keep my response here on the short side as we’ve spoken since your stay.

I want to thank you, again, for being in contact and allowing our hotel to host your group. Guests like you (and your team) make working in hospitality very rewarding. There is nothing I enjoy more than feeling like we’ve expanded our hotel “family”- and I very much looking forward to seeing your group again and building familiarity

Thank you so much for sharing the positive experiences you had at our hotel, and thank you for (already) giving us another opportunity to host your team again next year.

I have passed along your compliments to Daniel, the restaurant, and the rest of the appropriate staff. Thank you so much for your kind words for all of us!

We’ll be in contact as your return to our area approaches, but in the meantime, please feel free to contact me anytime!

Best Western Baraboo Inn
bestwesternsales@baraboo.com

Been to BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn? Share your experiences!