“unexpected....a very nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Baraboo
Illinois
“unexpected....a very nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I were once again trekking through Wisconsin at random....and stopped to visit family. There are not many choices in Baraboo, so I was a bit skeptical, though my skepticism was calmed by looking at traveler photos on tripadvisor. When we got to the hotel, Daniel was on shift. He was very personable and had great recommendations when we asked. He was very knowledgeable and seemed to genuinely like helping and answering questions.
The room was very comfortable. I noticed the faint odor of a once smoking permitted hotel (there is really no way to get that smell completely out).
The bed....the bed was sooooo comfortable!
The bathroom was small, though they had fitted the shower so that tall people do not have to contort themselves (I am 5'11 and my husband is 6'2...we really appreciate this).
I did notice as we were leaving that most of the rooms had older TVs (we had a flat screen in ours)...
There was a complimentary breakfast, made to order, and it was very good. The wait staff at the restaurant was very nice as well.

Room Tip: You might want to avoid getting a room on the East facing side....only because of the road noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Evildoer78,

I’ve always enjoyed that the town of Baraboo is pleasantly surprising. I am very glad that our hotel was able to rise to the Baraboo standard and surprised you, pleasantly, too! We are very glad that your husband and you chose to stay with us while visiting family, and I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are meandering through our great state.

I will, of course, pass along your compliments to Daniel. He has a passion for guest services, and has offered up his skills as a concierge while working at our front desk. Both our general manager and I have grown up in Baraboo, and we always look to hire people who enjoy the area we have and continue to call home. Daniel has become a treasured part of our staff as he has continually grown to share and promote the Baraboo area.

I want to apologize for any lingering smoke smell. We did do everything we could to eliminate the odor that was in the previous smoking rooms, but there are still a couple of things we hope to do to remove the remaining traces. We are hoping to get the carpeting replaced and paint (again) the rooms affected. I am sorry this affected your stay, and I thank you for pointing out that there is a necessity remaining.

Our bedding features Simmons Beautyrest Pillowtop mattresses. We have been so pleased with our guests reaction to these mattresses that we plan on always replacing with this particular brand and make. We have actually had couples call and ask what kind they were because they wanted to purchase the same for their homes!

We do still have some older televisions in our hotel. These are going to be replaced with flat screen televisions by the end of this year. I hope to have them by the summer season, but I can’t be sure about the order and ship dates at this time.

Again, thank you so much for staying with us while in Baraboo. If there is ever anything I can do to be of help to you in the future please contact me directly at the hotel,

Best Western Baraboo Inn
bestwesternsales@baraboo.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Auburn, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

we stayed three nights and really enjoyed our stay here. good location. clean and there were two employees were excellent , very kind, helpful-hard working . front desk clerk Daniel and waitress Erin . always had smiles on there faces and this place was packed and busy ,he was the only employee at desk -never would have know it and Erin was our waitress all three days very good. Hats off to you . Other thing I would like to mention was the bar manager , very good -I was waiting for family to join me she made fresh coffee for me , later a large group of my family arrived she got drinks for them . made our visit very enjoyable as well We are from out of state but have family in area will stay here again and price was so reasonable also , Like the breaksfast vouchers order what you like , fresh hot meal. Alot to do in the area. Thank you all ! Only problem was our room was not cleaned second day -but was taken care of when notified .

Room Tip: main building has elevator -new part has bigger rooms but only stairs. Didn't know this ahead an...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Victoria,

I enjoyed, very much, reading through your review. I hope you know how much I appreciate the details you provided. It is always so nice when a guest takes the time to share both the things they enjoyed and the things we need to continue working on.

I will pass along your compliments to Daniel, Erin, and Becky (our bar manager). Our staff truly enjoys sharing the Baraboo area with our guests, and I know they will all be glad to know they had a positive impact on your experience in our town. Thank you, again, for your kind words of encouragement for our staff.

I will also mention to our housekeeping supervisor about the lack of service on the 2nd day of your stay. I was glad to hear you were able to get your needs addressed later, but that doesn’t change that there was a lapse in service. I am very sorry for this, and I thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Baraboo has a lot to offer, and I am glad you found plenty to do in the area. I am especially glad that we were a positive part of your visit to the area. Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional comments or concerns. I would love to hear from you, and we would, all of us at the hotel, love to see you again soon!

Best Western Baraboo Inn
Royal Center, Indiana, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Breakfast was good the only thing was they didn't keep the food filled very good room was comfy close to where we wanted to be bed was comfortable the service was ok we enjoyed the stay will probably stay again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Christine H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Deloris,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience at our hotel. I am so glad that you were able to visit the Baraboo area this March, and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Bed comfort is, to me, very important in hospitality. There are many extra amenities that our hotel offers in addition to a place to put your head, but I still think that essentially a comfortable night’s sleep is the core of a hotel stay. I have shared with our general manager that you enjoyed our beds, and I have also thanked our front desk staff for arranging for your room to be near where you’d asked.

I would very much appreciate if you might contact me directly about your experience with the breakfast. Since switching to the cooked-to-order breakfast last September I haven’t had any feedback about not keeping the food filled (keeping our continental breakfast stocked was an issue we were trying to address in our change). I have shared your comment with our kitchen manager, and I have also written a note for our waitresses asking that they continue to be mindful of keeping our guests coffees, juices, etc. filled. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to address your concern.

Thank you, again, Deloris. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Baraboo area. Until then, enjoy the start of spring!

Shawano
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

As other reviewers noted the heating systems are on their last legs. We moved from 115 to 117 and it is somewhat better although barely adequate. In one of the reviews it said there would be flat screen TV's by 1/13. It is now March 1st and we have been in 2 rooms with very, very old TV's. Daniel at the desk was outstanding in every regard.

• Stayed February 2013
Christine H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear RiverAngelShawanoWI,

Thank you so much for taking the time this morning before you left to hop on TripAdvisor and share your experience and suggestions about our hotel. This is one of the most amazing and helpful things about technology- the ability to share impressions while they are so fresh in our minds!

The flat screens are a mandated upgrade per Best Western brand standards. We are in the process of ordering these televisions, and I was hoping to have them in the hotel and installed by the first of the year. Unfortunately this process has been delayed; however, as it is a brand standard to have them installed this year and it will be done. I am sorry that I cannot be more specific about the timeline on this upgrade.

I also want to apologize for the inconvenience about moving rooms due to the issue with the HVAC unit. I hope the rewards points that Daniel posted to your account will sufficiently signify my regret for this inconvenience. I want to assure you that we were able to get the unit fixed immediately this morning, and I thank you for bringing this need to our attention.

If you would like to discuss any of your concerns with me further please feel free to contact me at the hotel. I would be glad to speak to you, and I hope to see you again the next time you are in our area.

Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I too must agree with the other comments, Daniel at the front desk is the best! We had a room facing the back area, but it was nice because we could leave the drapes open and enjoy the sunshine. The breakfast in Bonza's was an added bonus.
My only complaint is trying to manuever the luggage cart through the lobby doors. They do not open automatically. We made the extra trips when leaving to avoid the problem.
Would certainly consider staying here again if ever in the area, and would use more Best Western hotels.

Room Tip: Nice quiet place to get away from the busy activity of Wisconsin Dells.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear B B,

I am so glad that we were able to host you while you were visiting the Baraboo area. While I understand that traveling from Winnipeg might mean you don’t find yourself in our neck of the woods often, I really hope that we do get to see you the next time you are in our area.

Daniel, our front desk clerk, is an absolute joy. I know that I am blessed to have him as a member of our staff and an example of what Midwestern hospitality ought to be. He was very happy to read your response. It is always encouraging to know when you have made a positive impact on a guest’s stay!

Best Western really has worked hard and made many changes in their brand standards and training in the past 5 years. I know that our staff (myself included) has benefited greatly from their ICare and ICare2 programs. The first focuses on guest care and service while the second is an initiative to help guarantee our room cleanliness for guests. I always try to stay at Best Westerns when I travel, and I must say it is amazing that there is consistency in service in a chain that is so large!

Again, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. Please let me know if there is anything I can ever do to help you in the future, and I hope you will be back in our area soon!

Menomonie, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had only planned on splitting our 2 night stay between this hotel and a different one to decide on where to makeour new business meeting place. It turned out that we enjoyed this hotel so much after the first few hours that we scratched our other reservations and stayed the second night here. The free cooked to order breakfast is so much better than just having a bagel, waffle or doughnut in the morning. Overall, great value for the price and worth the extra few miles to drive from the Dells. We will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Docroy,

I am very glad that you chose to stay with us a second night while you were in the Baraboo area. It is always nice to have more than one day to get to know our guests! We are all looking forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Baraboo area and having further opportunity to get to know one of the newest members of our hotel guest family.

I also really appreciate your commentary on our breakfast format. This has been a relatively new change (within the past year), and we are still very eager to have feedback from our guests about it. It is also really helpful to have help spreading the word!

Again, thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience with our fellow TripAdvisors. I look forward to having you stay with us again. If there is ever anything I can do or address please feel welcome to call or email me at the hotel.

bestwesternsales@baraboo.com

Been to BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn? Share your experiences!