“nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Baraboo
Royal Center, Indiana, Usa
“nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Breakfast was good the only thing was they didn't keep the food filled very good room was comfy close to where we wanted to be bed was comfortable the service was ok we enjoyed the stay will probably stay again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Christine H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Deloris,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience at our hotel. I am so glad that you were able to visit the Baraboo area this March, and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Bed comfort is, to me, very important in hospitality. There are many extra amenities that our hotel offers in addition to a place to put your head, but I still think that essentially a comfortable night’s sleep is the core of a hotel stay. I have shared with our general manager that you enjoyed our beds, and I have also thanked our front desk staff for arranging for your room to be near where you’d asked.

I would very much appreciate if you might contact me directly about your experience with the breakfast. Since switching to the cooked-to-order breakfast last September I haven’t had any feedback about not keeping the food filled (keeping our continental breakfast stocked was an issue we were trying to address in our change). I have shared your comment with our kitchen manager, and I have also written a note for our waitresses asking that they continue to be mindful of keeping our guests coffees, juices, etc. filled. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to address your concern.

Thank you, again, Deloris. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Baraboo area. Until then, enjoy the start of spring!

bestwesternsales@baraboo.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Shawano
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

As other reviewers noted the heating systems are on their last legs. We moved from 115 to 117 and it is somewhat better although barely adequate. In one of the reviews it said there would be flat screen TV's by 1/13. It is now March 1st and we have been in 2 rooms with very, very old TV's. Daniel at the desk was outstanding in every regard.

• Stayed February 2013
Christine H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear RiverAngelShawanoWI,

Thank you so much for taking the time this morning before you left to hop on TripAdvisor and share your experience and suggestions about our hotel. This is one of the most amazing and helpful things about technology- the ability to share impressions while they are so fresh in our minds!

The flat screens are a mandated upgrade per Best Western brand standards. We are in the process of ordering these televisions, and I was hoping to have them in the hotel and installed by the first of the year. Unfortunately this process has been delayed; however, as it is a brand standard to have them installed this year and it will be done. I am sorry that I cannot be more specific about the timeline on this upgrade.

I also want to apologize for the inconvenience about moving rooms due to the issue with the HVAC unit. I hope the rewards points that Daniel posted to your account will sufficiently signify my regret for this inconvenience. I want to assure you that we were able to get the unit fixed immediately this morning, and I thank you for bringing this need to our attention.

If you would like to discuss any of your concerns with me further please feel free to contact me at the hotel. I would be glad to speak to you, and I hope to see you again the next time you are in our area.

Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I too must agree with the other comments, Daniel at the front desk is the best! We had a room facing the back area, but it was nice because we could leave the drapes open and enjoy the sunshine. The breakfast in Bonza's was an added bonus.
My only complaint is trying to manuever the luggage cart through the lobby doors. They do not open automatically. We made the extra trips when leaving to avoid the problem.
Would certainly consider staying here again if ever in the area, and would use more Best Western hotels.

Room Tip: Nice quiet place to get away from the busy activity of Wisconsin Dells.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear B B,

I am so glad that we were able to host you while you were visiting the Baraboo area. While I understand that traveling from Winnipeg might mean you don’t find yourself in our neck of the woods often, I really hope that we do get to see you the next time you are in our area.

Daniel, our front desk clerk, is an absolute joy. I know that I am blessed to have him as a member of our staff and an example of what Midwestern hospitality ought to be. He was very happy to read your response. It is always encouraging to know when you have made a positive impact on a guest’s stay!

Best Western really has worked hard and made many changes in their brand standards and training in the past 5 years. I know that our staff (myself included) has benefited greatly from their ICare and ICare2 programs. The first focuses on guest care and service while the second is an initiative to help guarantee our room cleanliness for guests. I always try to stay at Best Westerns when I travel, and I must say it is amazing that there is consistency in service in a chain that is so large!

Again, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. Please let me know if there is anything I can ever do to help you in the future, and I hope you will be back in our area soon!

Menomonie, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had only planned on splitting our 2 night stay between this hotel and a different one to decide on where to makeour new business meeting place. It turned out that we enjoyed this hotel so much after the first few hours that we scratched our other reservations and stayed the second night here. The free cooked to order breakfast is so much better than just having a bagel, waffle or doughnut in the morning. Overall, great value for the price and worth the extra few miles to drive from the Dells. We will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Docroy,

I am very glad that you chose to stay with us a second night while you were in the Baraboo area. It is always nice to have more than one day to get to know our guests! We are all looking forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Baraboo area and having further opportunity to get to know one of the newest members of our hotel guest family.

I also really appreciate your commentary on our breakfast format. This has been a relatively new change (within the past year), and we are still very eager to have feedback from our guests about it. It is also really helpful to have help spreading the word!

Again, thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience with our fellow TripAdvisors. I look forward to having you stay with us again. If there is ever anything I can do or address please feel welcome to call or email me at the hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We went to casino and hit the dells night life. It was good time. Only complaints were tv channels kind of sucked and the maid was beating on the door and trying to come in pretty early. Good thing we had chain on the door. Woke us both up. It was only annoying because we had requested a late check out. You would think they'd let the house keeping know that.

• Stayed February 2013
Christine H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear WickedSensation:

Thank you so very much for taking time out of your day to review our hotel here on Trip Advisor. I especially appreciate the reviews, like yours, that share what our hotel is doing well and areas we need to work on or revisit in our staff training.

I am so glad to hear you were able to visit the casino. I don’t know if you took advantage of the free shuttle service that picks our guests up and takes them to the casino, but I wanted to make sure you knew about that option for future stays. It is a service provided by the casino to our hotel, and many of our guests enjoy the worry free transport.

I want to apologize for the irritation caused by our housekeeping service. You are correct, our front desk is supposed to communicate late check-out requests to our housekeeping staff. I am sorry for this lapse of communication. I want to assure you I have shared your review with both our front desk and our head of housekeeping. While I am discouraged about the incident, it is nice to have an example of how forgetting or neglecting to communicate these sorts of things affects our guests. Thank you, again, for sharing the incident so that I might have the opportunity to revisit this subject with our staff.

I look forward to another opportunity to serve you the next time you are in the Baraboo/Dells area! If there is ever anything I can do to help you, any question I can answer, any subject I can address- please feel free to contact me directly.

Northwest Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This facility is nice. I am very picky about cleanliness and our room was clean. The hallway carpets are in desperate need of cleaning. The best part of our stay was the front desk host Daniel. Best Western should be thankful to have him as an employee. He promotes the hotel and the Baraboo area with great enthusiasm. He went above and beyond to make our stay great. The day front dest staff could not be more different and unfriendly...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Musgroves:

Thank you so very much for your review of our hotel and staff. Our staff is comprised of people who truly love the area in which we work, and I am very glad that this was evident to you during your stay. I know we all feel as though our area makes being in hospitality a joy- when you love the town you live/work in it is much easier to welcome people to it. I also want you to know that I had a sit down with our primary day-shift clerk, and we did discuss how they might communicate in a more friendly and helpful manner. Thus far I have noticed significant improvement since our chat, and I hope the next time you’re at our hotel you will also notice an improvement.

I want to assure you that I have passed your review on to our housekeeping department. Being a housekeeper is a challenging job; it can often times be a thankless one. I am so grateful to you for taking the time to note the hard work our housekeepers do to maintain a clean hotel for our guests. It is such an encouragement to all of them that they made a positive impact on your stay with us.

I agree that the carpets throughout our hotel leave much to be desired. We do keep them on a regular shampooing schedule, and unfortunately they gotten to the point where we can’t shampoo away the age and wear. Late last year we began the process of pricing and picking sampling for new carpets. We have made our selections, and at this point are waiting for approval for the purchase. Please know it is an issue we are aware of and are trying to address as soon as possible.

608.356.1100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dell...
#6 of 73 in Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
#17 of 73 in Wisconsin Dells
4.0 of 5 stars 644 reviews
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Su...
#28 of 73 in Wisconsin Dells
4.0 of 5 stars 503 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin De...
#26 of 73 in Wisconsin Dells
4.0 of 5 stars 371 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn? Share your experiences!