“Great overnight place to stop” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Baraboo
Lake Zurich, Illinois
“Great overnight place to stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

The staff is WONDERFUL, the rooms are clean, and the breakfast had many cold and hot options. Good location with many things within walking distance. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2012
Christine H, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
I am so glad for your response, and I want to thank you for taking the time to share the highlights of your stay with us. I will be sure to share your individual comments with our front desk and housekeeping staff members. It is always so nice when compliments are paid to more than one department.

Also, thank you for your compliment about our breakfast. We regularly ask our guests if there are items they would like to see added to or removed from the breakfast, and I am glad to know we are working well to keep many options available. We will be making some menu changes again this fall, and I hope you will be back in the area to let us know what you think about the updates.

Baraboo is a wonderful community, and I hope your ventures in our town were well enjoyed. I am glad our location was helpful and convenient. If you have any further comments or questions please feel free to contact me directly,

Sales Manager
Best Western Baraboo Inn
chutchens@mars-llc.com
608.356.1100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Princeton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We recently stayed here for four nights. Check-in was fast and Daniel at the front desk was very helpful with suggestions on attractions to go to and several good restaurants to try. He spent alot of time with us and it made our stay that much more enjoyable with all of his helpful suggestions. The room was clean and the mattress was very comfortable. Shortly after checking in we discovered our refrigerator was not working. We called the front desk and within five minutes, Daniel was at our door with a replacement. Breakfast was good with several hot and cold selections. All the staff members we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The only thing we would suggest is that the drapes need to be replaced. The backing had deteriorated in several spots and let light in at night, but that was the only thing we would change. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I want to thank you for your review of our hotel, your kind words about our staff, and the suggestion you shared with us.

We have been blessed with a staff that shares a collective heart for hospitality, and I am so glad we were able to share that with you while you were visiting Baraboo. I know most of our staff regularly views our Trip Advisor page to keep up with what we are doing well and what we need to work on, but I will be sharing your compliments with everyone as I know it will be a great encouragement.

Also, I want to assure you we are in process of replacing the sheers/curtains in our guest rooms. Our General Manager and Head of Housekeeping are heading up this phase of improvement, but I know for sure they have had them all measured and we've been receiving samples in the mail. We still have to make our final decisions on the replacements, but they are will be replaced by the end of the summer.

Again, I want to thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Baraboo area!

Sales Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn
chutchens@mars-llc.com
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We liked this Best Western. Great staff, modern rooms, sparkling clean. My one beef was that they were doing repairs on the pool for five days and didn't put that on their website ahead of time. Had we stayed more than one night, the nine-year old with us would have been very disappointed.

A big plus was the uber-great pillow top mattress, very nice after a twelve hour drive!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
I want to thank you so very much for sharing your experience at our hotel. I always share any feedback we get on TripAdvisor with our staff, and everyone was very encouraged by your kind words of affirmation.

I contacted Best Western on Thursday, July 5th, asking them to post the pool closure. It was online by Saturday the 7th...Unfortuneatly it doesn't notify guests until they continue to the booking page. I understand this isn't helpful to guests who are just looking at information on the website but not actually booking their reservation online. It is a date specifc closure, and it only notifies people who would be affected. I am very sorry for this unpleasant surprise, and I hope your 9-year-old wasn't too terribly disappointed!

I also want to assure you that this will be our only scheduled pool closure for the summer. We were adhereing to some government-mandated safety updates to our pool drains.

Thank you again for your candid remarks. If there is anything I can do in the future to be of assistance please contact me at the hotel directly,

Melissa Lentz
bestwestern@baraboo.com
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

I call in about 30 min before hand telling the person (Brenda) we will be late check in. She sounded in a rush and hung up right away. When we got there, we waited about 10 min at the front desk, along with other guests. I called the hotel 3 times to see if they would hear it. Eventually someone from the restaurant (connected to the hotel) had to come and tell us he will find someone. Our clerk was Brenda. She did apologize once though. Overall, never coming here again. Room is nothing if service is worse than low.

• Stayed July 2012
, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
I want to thank you for your honest feedback about your recent stay with us here in Baraboo. It is guest feedback like yours that enables to know where and what we need to improve upon in order to make stays for future guests more comfortable and enjoyable.

I want to apologize, sincerely, for the delay you experienced on the phone and at check in. I want to assure you that I have spoken to the clerk working the evening you checked in, and have revisited the importance of priority and guest satisfaction. She has a history of positive guest interaction, and I have full confidence that she will take your comments and improve upon her performance.

Front desk clerks face the task of being a jack of all trades who must attend to past, present, and future guests. This can be daunting and draining duty at times; however, we do train our clerks to take their job in stride and to try and keep the stress of the situation in their smile and not in their voice. I am sorry that the urgency of the holiday week shown through in the phone call you made to the hotel.

It is always important that we in and outside of the hospitality industry put ourselves in each other's shoes. We here at the Baraboo Inn try our very best to live up to the Golden Rule and treat others how we would like to be treated. I hope that you will come back to visit us and afford us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. I completely agree and appreciate that the human interaction we have in our lives, be it at home or at hotel, is the most important part of any day.

If you have any further comments, questions, or concerns I ask that you please contact me directly as I would be happy to answer and/or hear what is on your mind.

Sales and Front Desk Manager
bestwesternsales@baraboo.com
Burlington,WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We have stayed at the Best Western Baraboo Inn at least 6 times and their hospitality cannot be beat. We've always been welcomed like friends. The location is ideal for a variety of Wis. Dells Attractions and is within walking distance of many eating places and shops. The rooms are clean, spacious, comfortable and affordable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I had read some of the negative reviews prior to booking this hotel for a baseball tournament and I am glad I decided to give it a try. First of all the staff were wonderful and friendly. Check in was smooth and we were all in the same general area of the hotel. Breakfast was good as well. Our room was in good shape also. The only complaint I have is that the service in the pub was very slow but that was because they had a new employee working in the kitchen. He tried hard and gave it his best. He was very nice and apologetic. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. Good job staff!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Lake Bluff, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Simply, GREAT! Everything..staff warm, accomodating, friendly greeting, very "speedy" check-in! We always mention a first floor room if available when making our reservation...got it! My husband was so pleased, as he didn't have to carry luggage upstairs or wait for elevators, etc. Room was large, comfy bed, very nice, clean, fluffy towels..even 2 extra, a nice touch! All was wonderful..sat out back on the patio after dinner with a few folks from our group...so pleasant! We were part of a large Motorcycle group from Kenosha, WI. Had a great time and a wonderful weekend! Looking forward to this, now, annual ride next year...and will likely stay at this hotel again! Thank you! Fred and Judy Day

Room Tip: It's all good...restaurant on site; good food! Prime rib on Saturday night a great value, YUM!