“Great Room, Comfortable & Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Baraboo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Room, Comfortable & Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Staying in Baraboo was a good alternative to staying in the Dells/Lake Delton area if one doesn't mind the travel.

The room was clean and bed comfortable. Although my room faced the street/parking lot, it was quiet...good soundproof walls. I did not utilize the indoor swimming pool. I was here for 3-4 days.

Baraboo has the Circus World, camping and parks. Upon travelling to Lake Delton/Dells, there are attractions, shopping (Tanger Mall, Kohls, Walgreens), and a variety of places to eat.

If you are travelling north on the expressway, I would suggest getting off on exit 92 versus 106 (Hwy. 33) as it will be faster and less confusing.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Hotel is pretty average, pool area is very small, only 1 table with 5 chairs, never enough towels by pool and not very good air circulation in pool area. Breakfast was fair. Rooms were clean, however they have a restaurant attached too it called Bonzo's don't go-2 1/2 hrs waiting for our food-burnt, wrong orders and rude waitress unless you were a guy sitting at the bar you would be fine...Once home realized that my son left his state champion shirt there and they had no interest in helping us look for it.
I would not go back to this hotel based on our experience there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Central Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

My experience here may be an anomaly based on the prior raving reviews. Arrived at 9:00pm the front desk lights were turned off, and a sign on the counter stated the staff had stepped away and would return as soon as possible. The sign was such, it seemed like it was used often. After waiting five minutes, the front desk clerk returned. Apologized, check me in, then said.....you ought to check out our bar/lounge . . . but hurry because they will probably close in the next fifteen minutes or so (Closing at 9:15???)

My family moved our luggage to our room. The overall impression of room was clean, fresh paint, well maintained. Then I noticed some large toenails.....yuk. It appears that they vacuum the carpet while ignoring the four to six inch parameters of carpet near the walls. Other than the aforementioned the room was clean.

Down to the bar for a nite cap before they closed. Upon entry...other patrons were sitting at bar . . . but no staff to be found. Later learned they were outside for a smoke break. Waited five minutes or so, then bartender came in. Very friendly. Had some nice beer selections.

Bedtime. The mattress was OK....nothing great. Air conditioning was a little warm.

Breakfast was OK....but the staff person was not keeping up with food demands, or cleanliness.

My stay here was a paradox. Overall the stay was OK and met needs. Yet the various bumps in the road... diminished my positive experience. Would I stay here again? Yes. I think my expectations were too high based on all of the positive reviews. My experience was not bad . . . it just fell short of expectations, with a little weirdness mixed in. First time I ever checked in to a hotel and found the front desk lights off and no staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Wauwatosa, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed one night since we were visiting the Circus World Museum and Mid-Continent Railway Museum with our grandkids.

The person at the front desk was friendly and helpful.

Our room (2 queen beds) was roomy, clean, and quiet. There was a large group of bicyclists staying at the hotel, and we did not hear any noise.

The pool was also very nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Libertyville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I booked this hotel on Hotels.com in around April. I could not believe I got a rate of $60.00 per nite in July (high season for the dells). It is only 10 minutes from the Dells and a very nice hotel. Now, it doesn't have fancy water parks, but for adults who want to go to the Casino, shows, restaurants, etc., it is a wonderful place to stay. The beds were super comfy, very clean and nice rooms. Delicious free continental breakfast. What more can you ask for? Book early and you will get a great deal at this Best Western.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

My sister and I were travelling through to see family in IL and wanted a place we could just checkin overnight. We also wanted to hit the casino for a bit. The casino hotel was way overpriced so I found this Best Western online and was happy with their online internet rate. The casino shuttle which was nice came and picked us up and took us back for free. This hotel was okay ..... again, because it was just a quick overnight. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. Only downfall of our stay was that breakfast on Friday morning is only served til 9:30. Given the fact we didn't get in until 3 AM, we missed breakfast. We also LIKED that this hotel doesn't allow pets. BIG PLUS!

Room Tip: Make reservations online.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Lake Hallie, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

I agree with other reviewers, the staff is VERY friendly and accomodating. Very, very nice people. We just had a regular, king-sized room, and it was ok for the price. We didn't feel that the bed was very comfortable though... quite firm. Bathroom was small, and with the paint choices, I felt like I was in 1960. Pool & Hottub were very nice.. and relaxing. Free breakfast was great, I was overly suprised at the variety of items offered, even make your own waffles, bagels, toast, cereal, pastries, muffins, eggs, etc. Hotel was quiet, was not disturbed by noisy kids, parties, or anything else, which was very nice. At a majority of hotels, you find this 90% of the time, which really sucks.

Room Tip: Use the internet online Rate!!! :)
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn? Share your experiences!