“The rates won us on this hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Baraboo
Midwest
“The rates won us on this hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

My sister and I were travelling through to see family in IL and wanted a place we could just checkin overnight. We also wanted to hit the casino for a bit. The casino hotel was way overpriced so I found this Best Western online and was happy with their online internet rate. The casino shuttle which was nice came and picked us up and took us back for free. This hotel was okay ..... again, because it was just a quick overnight. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. Only downfall of our stay was that breakfast on Friday morning is only served til 9:30. Given the fact we didn't get in until 3 AM, we missed breakfast. We also LIKED that this hotel doesn't allow pets. BIG PLUS!

Room Tip: Make reservations online.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Lake Hallie, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

I agree with other reviewers, the staff is VERY friendly and accomodating. Very, very nice people. We just had a regular, king-sized room, and it was ok for the price. We didn't feel that the bed was very comfortable though... quite firm. Bathroom was small, and with the paint choices, I felt like I was in 1960. Pool & Hottub were very nice.. and relaxing. Free breakfast was great, I was overly suprised at the variety of items offered, even make your own waffles, bagels, toast, cereal, pastries, muffins, eggs, etc. Hotel was quiet, was not disturbed by noisy kids, parties, or anything else, which was very nice. At a majority of hotels, you find this 90% of the time, which really sucks.

Room Tip: Use the internet online Rate!!! :)
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Leland, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

I travel from NC to the Baraboo Area 8-12 times per year and have stayed at most of the local hotels. For the past 2-3 years I have stayed at this hotel and never had a problem or complaint.
I suffer with a bad back and find the beds comfortable. The whirlpool/spa is hotter than most I've been in and helps my back relax after some long days.
My number one compliment to this hotel is it's staff. Always friendly, and helpful. They are truly the reason I stay at this hotal.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

We just spent one night here but were very impressed with the VERY friendly and helpful staff and hotel facilities. Everything was very clean and comfortable. The pool was perfect for swimming laps and the exercise area looked well equipped but we did not use any of that equipment ourselves.
As Best Western rewards members we were given a complimentary upgrade and a nice little bag of treats when we arrived!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel many times. It is close to Wisconsin Dells and Ho Chunk casino. Also, they are very close to snow skiing, golf courses and Devils Head State Park. We visit this area several times a year and have never had a complaint about anything. They have a wonderful restaurant/bar called Bonzos. Great selection of items on the menu and the food is great. On weekends they have karaoke which brings a combination of hotel guests and others to Bonzos.

I would highly recommend this to anyone planning a get away any time of year.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

I'm a C.E.O of an electronic company and I travel nationally and internationally, with that said I stay in hotels 80% of the year. I stayed for two nights in Baraboo and this hotel is one of the best places I have ever stayed. Great small town people, excellent service, Bonzos bar staff are very chipper and food was excellent, and the beds are very comfortable.

I stay in expensive and cheap hotels all the time. The service I received and a nice clean room to come to after my meeting was just great. I plan on sending all my employees to this hotel next time we come down for our trade shows. This is a great hotel for leisure and business travelers!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Naperville, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

Arrived at this hotel at around 1.30am expecting that the room is ready after a very tiring trip. Room was freezing cold. Heater is not working obviously maintenance & housekeeping is not doing their job and so is the GM. Hair on the sheets. A piece of pretzel on the carpet just between the bed and the desk. Hair in the Bathroom. Cobweb in the lamp. It is not something I expect to arrive. Now as I write this review at 3.42am my family is still freezing in the room. I wish I didn't choose this and used the previous reviews stated here. I am very very very disappointed. You should inspect rooms and make sure it is well maintained.FD tried to help seems to be not trained well in assisting guest's if such problem happens. Very unhappy!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn? Share your experiences!