“Found by accident; turned out great” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 56 Restaurants in Baraboo
Cuisines: American
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Found by accident; turned out great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Visiting Baraboo area and looking for place to eat. Garmin took us to places there was no restaurant and we ended up finding this place. Very pleasant surprise. Nice inside, very good food with lots of fresh baked and home made items. Friendly staff and reasonable prices. Next time we are in Baraboo/Dells area we will definitely come back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Stet, Missouri, United States
“Pretty good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stopped here late one night on vacation--we had checked into Great Wolf Lodge and were looking for a place to eat after closing down the waterpark at 9pm...wanted to avoid the Denny's and other bad restaurants at the waterpark triangle near the interstate so drove into Baraboo (sp?) and happened across this place. It was still open at 9:10 (they don't close until 10pm) so we lucked out. It was pretty good--just home cookin' type of food. I thought it was actually a chain restaurant because they have professional looking posters hanging out front (think Golden Corral or Tippin's) but I believe it is a local place. I had coconut shrimp, which were just okay, not the best ever, but I was starving and they were good. My husband had some sort of BLT wrap, which he said was good. My kids had the kids' roast beef with mashed potatoes, which they devoured. I also took a piece of the strawberry pie to go, which was pretty good. Service was good--one of our kid's orders was wrong, but the server corrected it without a problem, and I appreciated that they didn't act like it was a big deal that we walked in close to closing time. I would go back if we were in the area again.

Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
“Everything I Want In My Dinner Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were visiting in Baraboo so stopped into the Log Cabin for dinner before we left for home. The meal was excellent. I had the Coconut shrimp platter with a side of green beans, and garlic mashed that arrived steaming hot and plentiful. My daughter and son had thick (surprisingly just like the picture) sandwiches and fresh crunchy home fries. As we waited for our main meal, we savored the hot fresh rolls and apple cakes with whipped honey butter and enjoyed the delightful woodsy atmosphere. The service was pleasant and attentive leaving us feeling full and well cared for. We will definitely make it our favorite place to eat when in Baraboo.

Conyers, Georgia
“Not my choice and disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

There are some great restaurants in the Wisconsin Dells. This place may be OK for locals, but we had several disappointing items from the menu. The beer battered walleye was fairly good, but the pot roast was not acceptable and the "home made" cherry pie was horrible. Will not return. There are much better places within 10 minutes.

Merrimac, Wisconsin
“Nice atmosphere; horrible omelets!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Recently ordered the eggbeaters omelet with vegetables, and sorry to say, I think the cook has had little or no experience making omelets. All the vegetables were raw! Raw onion, peppers, etc. inside a thin wrapping of egg is not good--the cook should know you have to saute the vegs first before pouring over the beaten egg. I didn't mention my disappointment as I was with out-of-town visitors and they seemed happy with their French toast breakfasts. I hope the restaurant manager reads this and supervises the omelet chef before he gets many more complaints.

• Visited June 2014