“Comfortable and Homely Accommodation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Willowood Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baraboo
Willowood Inn
You added Willowood Inn to your Saves list
S5509 Hwy 123, Baraboo, WI 53913   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Baraboo B&B and Inns
Adelaide, Australia
“Comfortable and Homely Accommodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We based ourselves here for 3 nights to explore nearby attractions, House on the Rock at Spring Green, Devil's Creek State Park and Wisconsin Dells. There was a good choice of places to eat in the architecturally interesting little township of Baraboo.
The motel is located off a quiet road with in spacious treed grounds, quite a change from motels which open directly onto a parking lot. Outside each unit there is a small semi private pocket hankerchief sized garden with chairs. We were there in summer so enjoyed the chance to sit outside on a warm evening after the days outing. Our party had two units, one was decorated quaintly in cabin style with fur tree trimming around the room. The bed was comfortable and everything in the bathroom worked well. the units were very clean. We had to juggle the power points a bit in order to recharge our many gadgets, phones, cameras, laptops etc. The free internet was appreciated. This motel is not your impersonal downtown block of units, It would suit people wanting a quiet and basic but comfortable retreat and families. The owners have a code of conduct of respecting others with respect to noise and after hours comings and goings. We had no problem with this at all and enjoyed the tranquility of the location.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

The proximity to Devil's Lake State Park first caught my eye. After reading all the positive reviews from other patrons I was convinced this was where I was going to stay and I wasn't disappointed.
I met Steve when I checked in as well as the family cat which was bound and determined to be the center of attention at the time, deciding to stretch out right on top of my check in papers Steve was trying to go over with me. I had to chuckle and petted the cat for a little bit while we chatted about renovations that the office was going through. I thought it was great when he mentioned that if I had a cooler that I could bring it to the office to fill any time I wanted. I also noticed that they sell Willowood Inn t-shirts if you want a souvenir of your time there.
The room was quaint in the choice of decor and very comfortable not to mention extremely clean. In fact I left my room the next morning after checking in to explore and came back and my room had been straightened up, bed made, and garbage had been emptied. So I'm guessing maid service comes by every morning another plus.
The room had a tv, alarm clock, air conditioner, fridge, small table with two chairs, and of course a bathroom. Wifi is free which was very nice to be able to check on my email when I needed to. The shower stall was probably the only thing I had a little difficulty with due to how small it was. Without a lot of room it made it interesting trying to soap up but I managed ok.
I needed a place to eat and Steve recommended the Barn Restaurant just down the road. Thought why not as when I'm on vacation I generally stay away from eating at chain restaurants or fast food. The Barn Restaurant used to be a horse barn converted into what it is now. There is a small bar off to the side of the dining area where you can watch tv or you can take your drinks outdoors to the seating area outside. The beer list was amazing, over 200 to choose from!!
In closing you cant beat how close Willowood Inn is to Devil's Lake State Park. Amazingly short drive which enables you to maximize your day to the fullest. Steve & Linda were great and the prices were very reasonable. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Check their website for room descriptions, rates, amenities, etc. www.willowoodinn.com/
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

The checkin process went very smoothly. The staff was very friendly and the policies in force at this Inn all contributed to a quiet and restful stay in a room that smelled very fresh. The radiant heat was very quiet and worked very well.

Room Tip: Check the Inn's website for the themes of the room decor.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have been staying at Willowood every summer for the last 3 years and love it there. The rooms are comfortable and very clean with attention paid to the smallest detail. The fresh coffee provided in the morning is a bonus and also there is ice available to fill your ice chest if you're heading to Devil's Lake for the day. We've already booked our room for next summer.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Columbia, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

My husband & I stayed one night here based on reviews from tripadvisor. We weren't disappointed. The people who own it haven't had it very long, but they have it decorated so nice. Very homey feeling-B&B atmosphere without the breakfast. They are going to start renovating the bathrooms soon-they already had wonderful shower heads. The place was very clean. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

The Willowood Inn is a wonderful place to stay when you are looking for a great experience.
For a clean, family friendly,cozy and comfortable location to relax when you are in Baraboo, The Willowood Inn is it!!!!!
Linda and Steve are tremendous hosts that welcome you with open arms. Their intent for EVERYONE is to have an enjoyable and peaceful time.
An excellent value versus any accommodations within reach of Devil's Lake State Park!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Bozeman, MT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I stayed at the Willowood Inn over the 4th of July. My family is from Baraboo, and the only other decent lodging in town are the Clarion or the Best Western, which is expensive and subpar.

The Willowood Inn is an old style motel, with individual units facing the parking lot. The hotel has single rooms, double rooms, and at least one cabin (which I assume has multiple rooms.) The rooms are decorated individually in an outdoors style. The beds were comfortable, air conditioning was provided by individual units which are powerful. The bathroom is very small, with only a shower stall (in the double I was in), but proved clean and well supplied.

The property is kept up very well, and includes outoor furniture to lounge or have a picnic. The hotel is 2 minutes south of Baraboo, and 2 minutes north of Devils Lake. The Baraboo Country Club is no more than a mile, and the Barn bar and restaurant is within walking distance. Wisconsin Dells and Lake Delton are about 10 miles north of Baraboo, and are easily accessable from the property.

If you're looking for affordable lodging in Baraboo, the Willowood is the best deal around.

If you're looking for a very affordable, small, quiet alternative for the Dells, the Willowood is a great choice.

Room Tip: They're a mom and pop operation, you may be able to talk them down some.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Willowood Inn? Share your experiences!