“Bueno!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
“Bueno!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The service is second to none! Food is excellent! I love the Chicken Taco Salads. Free chips, salsa, and ranchero sauce? Yes please! Fun place to take someone for their birthday. Let the staff know and bring a camera!!!

Sydney
“Yes, as good as it gets for casual Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were staying at Devil's Head Resort and their restaurant was full, so a quick search turned up Jose's. Can you take a table of 8 right now? "We're full right now but we'll make a place for you." OK, cool. 3 separate checks? "No problem." What we found after a quick 15-minute drive is a large, lively and very customer-oriented restaurant, with GREAT Mexican food. The Carnitas was a massive plate of delicious tender pork and served with a side of special salsa (sorry I can't remember what they called it, but it was clearly house-made and really delicious). The Chile Verde was similarly excellent. The kids all scarfed down their (very inexpensive) meals. There's a comprehensive list of Mexican beers, which we made good use of. Toward the end of our meal a very friendly server asked us if we were ready for a round of tequila shots. We thought he was joking. Then he showed up with a bottle of El Jimador Anejo and set us up - gratis. Jose's goes on our list of new must-have traditions when visiting the Baraboo area.

• Visited February 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Fantástico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Jose's is a great place to meet friends for lunch or dinner, and margarita's. They also always make the birthday person feel extra special with a sombrero and serenade! Fantástico

• Visited December 2012
Wisconsin
“You won't be disappointed!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Have always been servered an excellent meal when visiting this restaurant. Recently I tried the Fajita Del Mar, plate arrived filled with large portions of shrimp crap and scallops, had to take half of it home. When ever I have visited Jose's I have never been disappointed. The Burritos Norteno is to die for. Wash everything down with a Mango Margarita,,,

• Visited January 2013
Madison, WI
“Wish I lived closer; delicious Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Wow. I love this place. The guacamole is perfect, the salsa is excellent, the entrees are crave-worthy. I love the cheese enchilada and the bean burrito, both served with their own delicious sauces. They use Mexican cheeses and don't rely on salt and garlic as the main spices. The menu is large and there are plenty of vegetarian options. The front room is a little quieter than the area near the bar. While the offerings might be seen as typical, as someone else mentioned – it is Mexican, so expect burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas, tacos, etc. – the food quality, selection and combinations are anything but typical. Service is prompt and friendly, and prices are reasonable. I wish I didn't have to drive an hour to get there, but you better believe I will go any time I am in the area.

• Visited December 2012