“Great food, charming atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 56 Restaurants in Baraboo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Fully restored 1954 diner serving gourmet breakfasts.
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great food, charming atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

We like this place a lot! It is within walking distance of our home. We often come here for breakfast or brunch, sometimes lunch. I just love the breakfast...the eggs benedict menu being my favorites. That's right, I said menu. They have about 6 types of benedict. I love the veggie benedict, which is vegetarian with avocado and many yummy veggies mixed on, on top of spicy cornbread. Mmm...

Food is not inexpensive, but not too overpriced either. Good for families. The decor is totally charming, 50's diner style. We enjoy our meals here.

• Visited August 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Best diner we have ever been to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Both my husband and I completely enjoyed our meals - he had a prime rib sandwich cooked perfectly & I had a delicious southwestern chicken salad. Everything is home made, even my roll and his apple/pear sauce (to die for!). If we ever are in the area again I'm going back for their grilled mac & cheese pulled pork sandwich...or maybe their queso burger served between tortillas? The staff are all very friendly and the prices are not high at all!

• Visited August 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Good burger, SLOW service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Overall, we liked it. It loses one star for the ridiculously slow waitress we had.
Ok, the burger and club sandwich were both delicious, as well as the fries, coleslaw and apple pear sauce.
The best thing there was the Coke. I am a die hard Pepsi drinker, but have to say this was the best Cole I've ever had. Luckily the waitress came by once to get me a refill, so yeah for that!
Otherwise we didn't see her at all, them waited 15 minutes for the check, with no sight of her the entire time since getting the Coke refill.
So, great burger and sandwich and Coke, needs better service for 5 stars though.
Would return.

Visited July 2014
Pardeeville
“Fresh food, good eats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I love this place and so does my husband. We've tried a variety of things on their menu, the patty melt, burgers, pulled pork. The fries are great and they also offer pear/applesauce among other things if you don't want fries. I've had the pecan/orange salad which was amazingly tasty and freshly made to order. They use different kinds of greens, not just iceberg. We have also had breakfast there which was also incredible. The cost is not inexpensive but I feel like I'm getting my money's worth because the ingredients are quality and fresh and you get a lot of food.
Of course the desserts are awesome too! Save some room for pie or ice cream.

• Visited July 2014
Sebastian, Florida
“Great Little Diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Service and food were good. Portions were large and home made bread a surprise. The chicken fingers were a favorite, not just with the grands. I had an omelet and delicious hash browns.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Broadway Diner? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Broadway Diner, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.