“Good burger, SLOW service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 58 Restaurants in Baraboo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Fully restored 1954 diner serving gourmet breakfasts.
Chicago, Illinois
“Good burger, SLOW service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Overall, we liked it. It loses one star for the ridiculously slow waitress we had.
Ok, the burger and club sandwich were both delicious, as well as the fries, coleslaw and apple pear sauce.
The best thing there was the Coke. I am a die hard Pepsi drinker, but have to say this was the best Cole I've ever had. Luckily the waitress came by once to get me a refill, so yeah for that!
Otherwise we didn't see her at all, them waited 15 minutes for the check, with no sight of her the entire time since getting the Coke refill.
So, great burger and sandwich and Coke, needs better service for 5 stars though.
Would return.

Visited July 2014

Pardeeville
“Fresh food, good eats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I love this place and so does my husband. We've tried a variety of things on their menu, the patty melt, burgers, pulled pork. The fries are great and they also offer pear/applesauce among other things if you don't want fries. I've had the pecan/orange salad which was amazingly tasty and freshly made to order. They use different kinds of greens, not just iceberg. We have also had breakfast there which was also incredible. The cost is not inexpensive but I feel like I'm getting my money's worth because the ingredients are quality and fresh and you get a lot of food.
Of course the desserts are awesome too! Save some room for pie or ice cream.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sebastian, Florida
“Great Little Diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Service and food were good. Portions were large and home made bread a surprise. The chicken fingers were a favorite, not just with the grands. I had an omelet and delicious hash browns.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, Minnesota
“Middle of the road.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stopped here for lunch because it looked like a super cute place and it was conveniently located. Service was fast and friendly. It was very clean and the decor was neat. Ordered burgers, they were pretty bland. Good place to stop if you're in a hurry and don't see anything else.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Go to the Little Village Cafe instead”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The 4th of July holiday weekend is upon us. If you are a party of 1 or 2 don't expect to get a table at this diner. They will leave the table OPEN and seat the party of 4 that walks in the door after you. Party of 1. Counter? No thank you. I waited for quite awhile and over and over they would ask Counter? No thank you and then they would seat the party of 4 or larger that came in the door while I sat there and the party of 2 sat there. Keep waiting? No thank you. LEAVE like I did and go to the Little Village Cafe at 146 4th Ave in Baraboo instead. Great food. Great service at the Little Village Cafe !!! You won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014