“Awesome climb for all ages and experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 14 Activities in Baraboo
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventures In Climbing Guide Service offers personalized rock climbing excursions for all individuals regardless of age, experience level, or athletic ability. Our personable guides will ensure your experience is just the right challenge leaving you empowered, fulfilled, and wanting more!
Seward, Nebraska
“Awesome climb for all ages and experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just got back from a family vacation at the Dells. When we asked our kids (all 6 of them-ages 8 and up) what was their favorite day out of all we did (hiking, water parks, go carts, ski boat/tubing and rock climbing) rock climbing was it! Matt and Jason were very patient, encouraging and a lot of fun to be with. We had a couple experienced climbers who were able to do more challenging climbs, as well as first time climbers within our family and we were all able to climb together and meet at the top for pictures! We all had a blast and enjoyed the down-to-earth company and humor of our guides. They were extremely patient with the old people :) It was amazing and I can't believe we all did it! Thanks Matt and Jason for the great climb we highly recommend your tour to all our friends!

Visited July 2013
Matt G, Owner at Adventures in Climbing, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
I would like to personally thank everyone who came out with us this past year! You are the reason I started Adventures In Climbing. Nothing is better than seeing someone climb for the first time or watching people who have climbed progress to become better climbers. THANK YOU ALL!!

Sycamore, Illinois
“Awesome afternoon of climbing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I have difficult schedules to work with and Matt was able to work around what we wanted for an afternoon of climbing. He was knowledgeable, friendly, and very safe. I would definitely recommend Adventures in Climbing to anyone! We were nervous about climbing outside for the first time (we had only climbed in a gym previously) but I don't think we could have had a better first outdoor climbing experience!

Visited June 2013

Sycamore, Illinois
“Matt is a safe, friendly, and well educated guide. Couldn't have enjoyed it more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Matt took my wife and I out to the Palisades (Savannah, IL) for our first outdoor climb. He worked with our terrible works schedules and even dodged a nasty rain day for us. We had a great time and will definitely be looking to him for additional training / climbing advice. I strongly recommend his services.

Visited May 2013

Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Gold star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Matt was incredible from the initial conversation for payment to his high tolerance for my climbing nerves. He was patient and provided an appropriate challenge with his climbing selection. I cannot recommend him enough after the experience he provided for my boyfriend and I.

Visited June 2013

Toledo, Ohio
“Had A Blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Matt really exceeded my expectations. He recently guided a group of 8 of us - with a variety of climbing experience - at Red River Gorge. He is a laid-back fun guy who puts your safety first and makes sure everyone in the group has a good time. Being my first time climbing, I was a little nervous about essentially putting my life in a stranger's hands, but Matt came highly recommended, and for good reason.

He knows what routes are good for your group and when to get there so you don't end up waiting all day for other groups to finish up. For those of us that were new to climbing - he showed us the basics...as many times as we needed to be shown, and for those in our group who were experienced climbers he offered advice and some tricks he had picked up. Matt is a hard worker who is passionate about climbing. He made it his job to make sure our group had fun and he made our trip a blast! We are currently trying to schedule another one soon!

Visited October 2012