“Dark room. Poor cell signal” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baraboo
Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center
You added Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center to your Saves list
S3214 County Road BD, Baraboo, WI   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Baraboo
“Dark room. Poor cell signal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I opted for "deluxe" rooms. This was quite possibly the darkest room I have ever stayed in. The bathroom was very poorly lit. The main room was poorly lit. The television service was equivalent to a 1-2 star hotel. Room had a nice balcony, thankfully, because that is the only place I could get any AT&T service without going downstairs and out the front door.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Gail T, Front Office Manager at Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments in reviewing our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Pleasant Prairie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The hotel was very nice but a little expensive. Bathrooms were large and the shower was huge with middle shower head. Beds were very comfortable and room was very clean. We did not have a chance to use the beautiful or the spa. We did before did it was terrific. There is no free breakfast. The gambling was fun but no huge winner. :(

Room Tip: Get a room near the first elevator.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gail T, Front Office Manager at Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Terry,

Thank you for you excellent review of our Hotel. We are committed to Customer Service for all of our guests.
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I travel a lot, and we stayed in room 4107 Queen Deluxe for $139 on a Saturday night. Beautiful room and furnishings. The bed was good and had two pillows each. Nice large walk in rain shower and bathroom. The room was extremely queen and di not hear anyone in neighboring rooms. Will be back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathy D, Manager at Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
adolson of Minnesota,

Thank you for the wonderful compliments you provided about your "extra nice hotel room". We appreciate your feedback about your beautiful room and furnishings. Thank you for allowing us to serve you, and please come back soon. Until then we bid you safe travels. Guest comments are welcome and appreciated, and return guests are the ultimate compliment. In the Ho-Chunk language we say "Pinagigi"= Thank you.

Kathy DeCamp
Executive Hotel Manager
1 (800) 746-2486 Ext. 7990
Eustis, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed in the RV park that's just past the parking lot. It was very costly and though the restrooms were very nice, it was dry, hot ( almost no shade) and desolate. The staff are very nice and the shuttle service is great. But it was a lot of money per night, for few amenities. I do not believe we would stay here again.

Room Tip: The view from the park shows a mostly empty hotel, so if you come after Labor Day you can probably h...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gail T, Front Office Manager at Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for visiting Ho-Chunk's RV Park. It was opened in the fall of 2012. It will be so nice and shady as the trees grow. Please give us another try.
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Ho Chunk Casino Hotel on a recent trip to Wisconsin. We were going to the dells and I didn't want to stay at a water park hotel. After reading the reviews I must say I was a little hesitant to stay here. I am so glad I decided to give it a try. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and we had no issues during check in. When we arrived at room we found it to be very clean, spacious with a nice balcony overlooking the courtyard. The lighting in the bathroom, as others have said is a little dim and I think that could be improved. There is a strong smell of smoke in the lobby area when checking in but I think that anyone has been to a Casino is not surprised by that. Our room however did not smell like anyone had smoked in it. We will go back here if we are ever in the dells again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the positive feedback. We strive for the best Customer Service possible. I hope you come see us again.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I booked a room for 3 nights at this hotel after being told by their reservations people that there was no smoking allowed in the hotel and there were no smells of smoke. Because I have asthma that was critical for me. Our experience was so bad because of smoke that we left after one night to move to the Clarion hotel. The manager was extremely helpful in trying to accommadate our needs but we could not find any area that did not smell like smoke. If you go to the casino and get a 'players card' before checking in you'll get a discount on your room and meals. Do NOT go there if you have any problems with smoke. The smoke there was extreme. The next mistake was eating at the buffet restaurant where there is lots of smoke in the route needed to get there as well as in the restaurant even though it's a non-smoking area. I think it must be too close to the Casino.
When I went to check in I was given an even better rate than quoted by phone.The rooms were very nicely decorated and very attractive. We stayed in a 'Premium Room'. Unfortunately the smoke smells came in through the A/C system and prior guests smoke on their balconies which then gets smoke into your room. It's also possible that guests smoke in the rooms..But the smells of smoke in the room were mild compared to the hallways which reeked of smoke. Three days later, after only that one night in that hotel, I am still sick from the smoke, had to get on steroids and can't stop coughing. If smoke smell doesn't bother you it's a great hotel but I'd recommend a 'Premium Room' as they are nice.

Room Tip: There is no good room if you dislike the smell of smoke. Otherwise the "Premium Rooms' are...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We booked the family suite for a wedding at another resport in the Dells area. I called the day before to see if our room would be ready an hour before check in and was told that they would do their best. Upon arrival, 40 minutes before check in, our room was not ready, they were still cleaining it. We left and returned a few hours after check in to get our room keys and the rooms were wrong. We Spent 30 minutes getting it straightened out. We went back to the wedding off site and returned at 2 am to our room from the casino. Upon looking things over, there was trash under the furniture, hair in the bathtub. I did not call housekeeping as it was 2 am. When we checked out in the morning, I told the "Manager" at the front desk after she greeted me with "what's your problem?" She was beyond unprofessional and rude. She told me that they have housekeeping 24 hours a day for that purpose. I told her that our room should have been cleaned BEFORE we arrived, not at 2am. I sent an e-mail to the management and never received a call or e-mail back. This place lacks customer service! We have stayed here before, but will never again.

Room Tip: Rooms are noisy. Very poor sound proofing. You can hear everything that goes on in the hallway.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!