“Great Stay to Save $” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Baraboo
Pittsville, Wisconsin, United States
“Great Stay to Save $”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed here with two other girls for the weekend of Daisho Con.
-Great employees
-Comfortable beds
-Environment was quite
-Room was 'roomy' :P

-Would've gone swimming but didn't get a chance. But from what i did see of the pool it looked clean and welcoming.

-If they could change anything, maybe add a continental breakfast. :)
-Only real bad thing about this hotel was our room door, we had to pull on it super hard in order for it to lock. I did let them know, so hopefully it has been corrected since our stay.

Loved this hotel, can't wait to stay there again this November! :D

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed here from July 3rd through the 7th. When I first got there the room I was given reaked of smoke. This is a non smoking hotel, and the cleaning crew should be reporting this and cleaning the room accordingly. I asked to be moved and the only option was a handicapped room. The tub had patches in it, and the bathroom light was broken. I asked them to fix it and they came in, but the problem continued. They said it was the humidity and there was nothing they could do. The pool had a weird film and was freezing. Needless to say I won't be returning. For a little more, I could have stayed somewhere and gotten my water park tix included.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Oconto, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

The motel was priced right and it was clean and quiet.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Nisswa MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I often travel through the Wisconsin Dells and stay here when it fits. I have always had a nice, quiet stay. The motel has inside hallways, and adequate parking. Staff is always friendly and makes every effort to place me in a room that fits my needs. Beds are small, so my spouse and I often get two beds instead of one. Makes for a better night's sleep for both of us. I recommend this Motel 6. If you want a large room, this is not the one. Having stayed here no less than 10 times in the past couple of years, I can say that for the price, this is a winner.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
La Crosse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

My friends and I went for a day and a half visit in the Dells, just couples. We looked high and low for a place that wouldnt break the bank for one night and found this Motel 6. Its location just off the highway a few miles or less from Tanger shopping outlets. It was PERFECT! We paid under $100 for the night and it was a very clean hotel. I would absolutely go back! It was nice that it was just outside of the busy Dells strip too!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Tinley Park, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

This past weekend my family and I stayed at this motel and it was probably the worst experience of my life in a motel/hotel. We got to the hotel on thursday and I walked into a room that felt like a closet. When I bpooked this room it was suppose to be a double room with 2 double beds When I asked about it I was told all there rooms were the same size through the hotel. There was no dresser nor microwave or fridge as the ammenities stated on priceline. When I asked bout the fridge and microwave I was told I had to specify I wanted those ammenities (again priceline did not say that). On friday we woke up and were getting ready leave to get dunkin donuts and i started to smell weed. Either the room next to us or the room above us were smoking it and it was coming through our vent into our bathroom. I have 2 children there 4 and 5. When I went to the front desk about this problem they asked me if i wanted air freshener (of course thats not what I wanted) then she asked me if i wanted to change rooms and I again said no (when i booked the hotel i wrote in the comments line I wanted to be close to the pool) The lady told me to keep and eye on it and let them no if it happens again. Friday afternoon I reached into my purse to pull out cash that I had pulled out before I left my home to begin our trip and to my suprise there was no money left in my purse. The only place my purse was left without me was when me and my family were at the pool. It was locked up in my room. This means that someone in the hotel staff is a thief. When I went to the front about this problem i was told she would leave a note for the owner so he could take care of the problem. Friday night I went to give my kids a bath and the drain was broken so I took the part to the front desk and asked them if they had one that would work and the lady told me no but she wrote up an order for it to be fixed. That is when she told me the owner said he would come to my room on saturday and speak to me about the missing money. Saturday came and he came to my room but it wasnt to talk about my money it was to fix the drain in my room. I told him he is better off waiting for sunday to fix it since we were leaving sunday morning anyway. I felt that he was the owner he should have spoke to me about the problem and I should not have had to bring it up to him. Now im back at home and I was looking over my bank account and found out that I was double charged for the hotel room. When I booked my hotel through priceline I was told my total was $177.97. When I got to the hotel I was asked what card I was paying with and I gave her the card She charged me $176.76 but priceline charged me $176.86 All 3 totals are totally different and I called priceline and was on the phone for 45 minutes to be told I had to call the hotel since they do not charge people they just reserve the room with the card. This problem needs to be resloved with every issue and not just the double charging. I hope that people really take into consideration that there is alot at steak when you book at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

When I booked this room, I was just looking for somewhere cheap to stay the night. I was very pleasantly surprized by the quality of this hotel. First, the staff were absolutely excellent. They were friendly, helpful and just plain nice. After a bad experience in Madison, this made a world of difference for us. The rooms were very clean as were the bathrooms. The beds were fine, and although the tv was a bit dated, it worked.

Overall, this is one of the best values I have personally run across in quite a while. While it wouldn't be my first choice for comfort, it was a clean and affordable place to spend the night.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Lake Delton? Share your experiences!