“Great, clean and affordable place!” 5 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Lake Delton
E10892 Moon Road, Baraboo, WI 53940 (Formerly Travelodge)   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Baraboo
La Crosse
“Great, clean and affordable place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

My friends and I went for a day and a half visit in the Dells, just couples. We looked high and low for a place that wouldnt break the bank for one night and found this Motel 6. Its location just off the highway a few miles or less from Tanger shopping outlets. It was PERFECT! We paid under $100 for the night and it was a very clean hotel. I would absolutely go back! It was nice that it was just outside of the busy Dells strip too!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tinley Park, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

This past weekend my family and I stayed at this motel and it was probably the worst experience of my life in a motel/hotel. We got to the hotel on thursday and I walked into a room that felt like a closet. When I bpooked this room it was suppose to be a double room with 2 double beds When I asked about it I was told all there rooms were the same size through the hotel. There was no dresser nor microwave or fridge as the ammenities stated on priceline. When I asked bout the fridge and microwave I was told I had to specify I wanted those ammenities (again priceline did not say that). On friday we woke up and were getting ready leave to get dunkin donuts and i started to smell weed. Either the room next to us or the room above us were smoking it and it was coming through our vent into our bathroom. I have 2 children there 4 and 5. When I went to the front desk about this problem they asked me if i wanted air freshener (of course thats not what I wanted) then she asked me if i wanted to change rooms and I again said no (when i booked the hotel i wrote in the comments line I wanted to be close to the pool) The lady told me to keep and eye on it and let them no if it happens again. Friday afternoon I reached into my purse to pull out cash that I had pulled out before I left my home to begin our trip and to my suprise there was no money left in my purse. The only place my purse was left without me was when me and my family were at the pool. It was locked up in my room. This means that someone in the hotel staff is a thief. When I went to the front about this problem i was told she would leave a note for the owner so he could take care of the problem. Friday night I went to give my kids a bath and the drain was broken so I took the part to the front desk and asked them if they had one that would work and the lady told me no but she wrote up an order for it to be fixed. That is when she told me the owner said he would come to my room on saturday and speak to me about the missing money. Saturday came and he came to my room but it wasnt to talk about my money it was to fix the drain in my room. I told him he is better off waiting for sunday to fix it since we were leaving sunday morning anyway. I felt that he was the owner he should have spoke to me about the problem and I should not have had to bring it up to him. Now im back at home and I was looking over my bank account and found out that I was double charged for the hotel room. When I booked my hotel through priceline I was told my total was $177.97. When I got to the hotel I was asked what card I was paying with and I gave her the card She charged me $176.76 but priceline charged me $176.86 All 3 totals are totally different and I called priceline and was on the phone for 45 minutes to be told I had to call the hotel since they do not charge people they just reserve the room with the card. This problem needs to be resloved with every issue and not just the double charging. I hope that people really take into consideration that there is alot at steak when you book at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

When I booked this room, I was just looking for somewhere cheap to stay the night. I was very pleasantly surprized by the quality of this hotel. First, the staff were absolutely excellent. They were friendly, helpful and just plain nice. After a bad experience in Madison, this made a world of difference for us. The rooms were very clean as were the bathrooms. The beds were fine, and although the tv was a bit dated, it worked.

Overall, this is one of the best values I have personally run across in quite a while. While it wouldn't be my first choice for comfort, it was a clean and affordable place to spend the night.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

I was not thrilled when my husband booked a room at Motel 6. However, this hotel was better than I expected. It was no-frills, but it was very clean. I was pleasantly surprised to find a bathtub and a small indoor pool. The beds were reasonably comfortable and the staff was pleasant.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

I have been going to this Hotel because of the good customer service ..
But I went there because of the second shift front desk person ..He was always friendly and made you laugh and went out of his way to make your stay fun and comfortable .. But Now it sucks.. I would not recommend my enemy to stay there .. front desk service are rude .. no personality what so ever .. and they just don't care .. this young manager/owner is terrible ..

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
wi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

we used our aarp card and with tax this room was $49.00. Ya just can't beat that. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. The continental breakfast was decent. The only negatives which for the price and location i can overlook. No shampoo. No alarm clock. We choose a non smoking room but the smell of cigerettes was in the hallway. That would be probably be my #1 pet peeve. I will stay here again. It is close to the casino and to the Dells

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee Area, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

I was looking for a cheap, clean room for sleeping in and showering. That's it. The Lake Delton Motel 6 met all of the requirements.

People must remember that the Motel 6 chain is known for "no-frills" lodging, which means there will be no alarm clock, no complementary spa-quality bath products in the bathroom (only small bars of soap) or no 5-star anything. You'll get a small room that barely fits a queen-sized bed, a chair, a TV and a bathroom. Knowing this, I brought an alarm clock with me, and I usually bring my own bath products with me anyways.

All of the staff I encountered were very friendly. On the weekend I was there (Easter weekend), they even put out some fruit and prepackaged baked goods out with the complementary coffee in the lobby. This wasn't expected and I thought it was a nice touch.

The only complaint that I have about the place is that the walls are very thin. I only had a neighbor for one of the three nights I was there, and I could hear their conversation fairly clearly. Otherwise, everything was clean.

Would I stay here again? Maybe, if the price was right. I would definitely stay their again if they decide to remodel using the Motel 6 "Phoenix" prototype that they are rolling out across the country.

If you are looking for a cheap place close to Ho-Chunk and aren't expecting a Hilton, then at least give the Motel 6 at least a look.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Lake Delton? Share your experiences!