“Very pleasantly surprized!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Baraboo
Chicago
“Very pleasantly surprized!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

When I booked this room, I was just looking for somewhere cheap to stay the night. I was very pleasantly surprized by the quality of this hotel. First, the staff were absolutely excellent. They were friendly, helpful and just plain nice. After a bad experience in Madison, this made a world of difference for us. The rooms were very clean as were the bathrooms. The beds were fine, and although the tv was a bit dated, it worked.

Overall, this is one of the best values I have personally run across in quite a while. While it wouldn't be my first choice for comfort, it was a clean and affordable place to spend the night.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

I was not thrilled when my husband booked a room at Motel 6. However, this hotel was better than I expected. It was no-frills, but it was very clean. I was pleasantly surprised to find a bathtub and a small indoor pool. The beds were reasonably comfortable and the staff was pleasant.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

I have been going to this Hotel because of the good customer service ..
But I went there because of the second shift front desk person ..He was always friendly and made you laugh and went out of his way to make your stay fun and comfortable .. But Now it sucks.. I would not recommend my enemy to stay there .. front desk service are rude .. no personality what so ever .. and they just don't care .. this young manager/owner is terrible ..

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
wi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

we used our aarp card and with tax this room was $49.00. Ya just can't beat that. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. The continental breakfast was decent. The only negatives which for the price and location i can overlook. No shampoo. No alarm clock. We choose a non smoking room but the smell of cigerettes was in the hallway. That would be probably be my #1 pet peeve. I will stay here again. It is close to the casino and to the Dells

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee Area, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

I was looking for a cheap, clean room for sleeping in and showering. That's it. The Lake Delton Motel 6 met all of the requirements.

People must remember that the Motel 6 chain is known for "no-frills" lodging, which means there will be no alarm clock, no complementary spa-quality bath products in the bathroom (only small bars of soap) or no 5-star anything. You'll get a small room that barely fits a queen-sized bed, a chair, a TV and a bathroom. Knowing this, I brought an alarm clock with me, and I usually bring my own bath products with me anyways.

All of the staff I encountered were very friendly. On the weekend I was there (Easter weekend), they even put out some fruit and prepackaged baked goods out with the complementary coffee in the lobby. This wasn't expected and I thought it was a nice touch.

The only complaint that I have about the place is that the walls are very thin. I only had a neighbor for one of the three nights I was there, and I could hear their conversation fairly clearly. Otherwise, everything was clean.

Would I stay here again? Maybe, if the price was right. I would definitely stay their again if they decide to remodel using the Motel 6 "Phoenix" prototype that they are rolling out across the country.

If you are looking for a cheap place close to Ho-Chunk and aren't expecting a Hilton, then at least give the Motel 6 at least a look.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

The stopper in the tub did not work,made on effort on fixing it while there, no dresser to put your clohes in, small tv (13 inch) no microwave,no Fridge,no alarm clock, the water in the hot tub and pool was dirty.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Lake Delton? Share your experiences!