“Overpriced for the Quality” 2 of 5 stars

Campus Inn Motel
750 West Pine Street, Baraboo, WI 53913 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Baraboo
Lemont, Illinois
“Overpriced for the Quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

It was overpriced for the quality, towels and jacuzzi were dirty. The jacuzzi had hair laying in it. You won't want to walk bare foot because the carpet doesn't even feel clean!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Burlington, wi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I booked a room for one nite on 7/2. The hotel name was suppose to be American Best Value. We couldn't find the hotel as the sign stated Campus Inn. We walked in and could see trouble. Very scarce/crummy looking lobby if you call it that. 2 men from Indian decent were there. I said I had booked a room at American Best Value, he said this was the place, (obviously from the address), and they had changed the name back yesterday ??!!! Room was awful, crummy, dirty, bugs I wanted to sleep in my clothes. We would have found another hotel but was only for one nite. We only slept there 4 hours as we couldn't wait to leave. There is some type of scam going on here with the name. Not worth your money, do not stay here.

Room Tip: all are crummy, very creative writing .
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

The service was excellent. The rooms were very clean. I definitely plan on returning again in the future. & also VERY good value :)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010 via mobile

Checked in late around 10pm coming home from working construction job.was given double room and when we went into it,the door would barely shut.very old furnishings,and not too clean.went to bed and about 2am A man and 2 women opened the door and started to walk in. After seeing us they walked back out went into the room next door and partied all night long,which we heard thru paper thin walls.I think they have people loving there full time.next morning free breakfast was half pot of coffee and nothing else. We checked out vowing to next time spend a little more money and stay at a DECENT MOTEL!!!!

• Stayed September 2010
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

I stayed there about 1.5 month. First week I stayed a bungalow type of a room for 2 person, it has a fridge, TV and microwave. Then my frieds came and we changed our rooms for 4 person. There are only 2 rooms for 4 persons. That room has a kitchen and a parlour. Rooms are in good condition, Clean and all equipments are working properly. Staff are Indians, they are very friendly. Hotel has a bar, indoor and outdoor (very small) swimming pools. Prices are also affordable. I want to wisit Baraboo and wanna stay this hotel again...

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

We checked into the hotel late about 11 pm, we had a handicapped room on the bottom floor of the old building! There was a couple above us in their room with the windows open, its a good thing my kids are older and I didn't have to explain the birds and the bees to them because we got a ear full from that couple but anyway that could happen in any hotel! But our handicapped room was far from handicapped, sure there were bars in the bathroom but that was about all that was handicapped! There was no way I could get my wheelchair in the bathroom and close the door, I would of had to get out of the wheelchair, take the wheelchair out of the room and then shut the door! It would of been better if the door opened out instead of in, I think they should of sat in a wheelchair and tried to do themselves and see how inconvenient the room was!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Wausau, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

The website claims to have an indoor pool and hot tub but there is no hot tub and the pool is only 3 feet deep and 4 feet long. Because we stayed in May the outdoor pool didn't even have any water in it. :( The shower is extremely small and the water only gets luke warm. No hot water!! The first night we got here we knew we wanted to leave. I would never EVER recommend this hotel to anyone. I have worked in the hotel industry for over 2 years and I would not work for a hotel with this poor quality. STAY AWAY.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Campus Inn Motel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Campus Inn Motel

Address: 750 West Pine Street, Baraboo, WI 53913 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Baraboo
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Baraboo
Located in West Baraboo, Wisconsin, Campus Inn Motel is a perfect starting point to begin your exploration. Both business travelers and tourists can use the hotel's facilities, and services. There is also door to door parking, an onsite bar, and free Wi-Fi for your convenience. Not to mention only non-smoking rooms are available. The hotel offers various recreational opportunities. Campus Inn Motel combines hospitality with a lovely atmosphere to make your stay in Baraboo, Wisconsin unforgettable. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Campus Inn Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Campus Inn Motel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.