“restaurant nice, good food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 55 Restaurants in Baraboo
Cuisines: American
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“restaurant nice, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I did like the restaurant and bar- thou it was only opened 1 of the 3 days I was there. Abit pricey- so try to hit happy hour- half price apetizers

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Clemson, SC
“Mixed Feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

On our first night at the adjoining Clarion Hotel we decided to try the restaurant. Since we had been traveling all day we were looking for something light. We decided to try the Duck Strips appetizer and the Nachos with Taco Meat. The Duck strips were deep fried breaded duck. It was very tasty. The nachos left a lot to be desired. First of all, the taco meat was not on/in the nachos. The waitress took it back to the kitchen and shortly returned with the meat on top of the nachos. The nachos looked like everything had been popped in the microwave, overcooked and then placed under the heating lamps. The cheese was way over-melted and tough. Everything, including the meat was dry and unappetizing.

We did eat the breakfast buffet one morning and it was quite good.

My 50th high school class reunion was held in the Atrium Room. The service was good. The only complaint was that the food did not arrive hot. We ordered off the Tuesday night Senior's Menu. The wait staff did their best, but at least our food was not delivered when it was ready.

Visited August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“A surprising hotel restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We were referred here by the Wallgreen's across the street. I was kinda surprised at being referred to a hotel-restaurant but we went anyway. Lots of flies in the heat of August and they were short staffed, but it was AOK. Food was good and what we expected. Being Wisconsin there was LOTS of food.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good burgers..drinks pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

I normally eat a whole burger...but I only ended up eating half along with fries and was stuffed. The burger was delicious. We got 3 burgers.. 1 kids burger meal; cheese curds(awesome) 3 beers and a soda..total cost was. 57.00...plus tip was 67.00...a bit pricey to me..maybe not to others.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Best "hotel" food ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Since we were staying at the adjacent Clarion Hotel, we decided to try Glacier Rock for dinner. You should know that, unless I’m in a huge metropolitan area (i.e. Boston, Chicago, NYC, etc.), I stay away from hotel restaurants, because they usually have food that is not too tasty or seem to be made en mass. Glacier Rock is an eye opener. From the friendly greeting at the door to excellent wait staff service through the food, everything was great. I started my meal with a cup of split pea soup, my very favorite soup. This was easily the best in house made split pea I have ever tasted. My entrée contained two large chicken breast, cooked in olive oil and masala wine. In had a sweetish taste and the chicken was melt in your mouth tender. This came with a side of twice mashed potatoes that were nicely done. My wife had a shrimp special that rested on a plate of rice and fresh cooked vegetables. She also proclaimed here meal as excellent. If we’re in Baraboo again, we will dine here.

• Visited May 2012