“Good burgers..drinks pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
“Good burgers..drinks pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I normally eat a whole burger...but I only ended up eating half along with fries and was stuffed. The burger was delicious. We got 3 burgers.. 1 kids burger meal; cheese curds(awesome) 3 beers and a soda..total cost was. 57.00...plus tip was 67.00...a bit pricey to me..maybe not to others.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Best "hotel" food ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Since we were staying at the adjacent Clarion Hotel, we decided to try Glacier Rock for dinner. You should know that, unless I’m in a huge metropolitan area (i.e. Boston, Chicago, NYC, etc.), I stay away from hotel restaurants, because they usually have food that is not too tasty or seem to be made en mass. Glacier Rock is an eye opener. From the friendly greeting at the door to excellent wait staff service through the food, everything was great. I started my meal with a cup of split pea soup, my very favorite soup. This was easily the best in house made split pea I have ever tasted. My entrée contained two large chicken breast, cooked in olive oil and masala wine. In had a sweetish taste and the chicken was melt in your mouth tender. This came with a side of twice mashed potatoes that were nicely done. My wife had a shrimp special that rested on a plate of rice and fresh cooked vegetables. She also proclaimed here meal as excellent. If we’re in Baraboo again, we will dine here.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Watertown, Wisconsin
“Poor food presentation, small portions, and mediocre service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We were staying at the hotel connected with the restaurant so we thought we would save a little time by eating here. What a mistake! We had 7 people at our table and between us quite a variety of different menu items were ordered. We were all very dissapointed with our food except the one person that ordered the 'all you can eat' shrimp. Portions were very small and did not look appealing on the plate. Its like they were trying to save money by scrimping on portion size. Even the pizza ordered by one of our group was very badly in need of more toppings. It was supposed to be a ruben pizza but the topping ingredients (corned beef, sauerkraut, and swiss cheese) were so sparse and spread out you couldn't get the 'ruben' flavor in any one bite. There was a 'gratuity' of 18% (its not a gratuity if automatically put on the bill, its an 18% hike to the prices shown on the menu) added to our bill which I am always happy to pay if the food and service is good - it wasn't - not even close! Apparently others know what to expect from this restaurant as even though it was a Saturday night, when most other area restaurants are over crowded with long waits to be seated, this restaurant had very few people in it. I would not eat here again.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Nice restaurant with a great menu. Pizza is best in Baraboo and wings aretasty and large. Wednesday is wing night!!

“Met our needs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

This place is attached to the Clarion hotel. We were two moms traveling with five kids for a ski outing. We didn't need coats or leave the hotel, which is a huge bonus. We has the wood oven pizza which had good flavor and wasn't ridiculous in price. Kids loved the cheese curds and haystack onions. Place was nicely decorated and clean. Big bar also. It was a pleasant find with no leaving!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere