“okay-needs upgrades- and better maintenance” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel and Convention Center

You added Clarion Hotel and Convention Center to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   626 West Pine Street, Baraboo, WI 53913 (Formerly Park Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Baraboo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“okay-needs upgrades- and better maintenance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I booked 3 months in advance- when I got thre thy had only 2 nights rserved, not 3. The bar and restaurant( one of the reasons I booked ther) was closed for 2 of the 3 days. The casino was closed 1 day( first time ever) The elevator was broken 2 days. The outside door key wouldnt open th door whre our room was- had to walk around the building in 15 degree temp. The outside sign advertised heated pool was ice water. Steam room was broken. Breakfast was NASTY- dried up rolls. Hotel is outdated. Showr pol in bathroom was broken- so all the water went on the floor. Screaming kids down the room floors at 8am. Trip I expected wasnt up to what I expected- only vacation in a year. Staff wasnt very good or caring. Okay for a over nite stay.

Room Tip: dont get a room by the elevator- its loud and I was woken 2 of the 3 days at 8am
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I booked this hotel online at a low rate and was impressed with what we got. There is a good restaurant and a nice pool/hot tub area and the room was nice. Also can't go wrong with free breakfast. We stayed because it was near Devil's Head and a much better price than staying at the resort.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Conyers, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is an older facility, but very well maintained. Everything is very clean and the service is good. The location, just off of Rt. 12 is a short distance from the Wisconsin Dells. If you need something more elaborate, and certainly more expensive, go to the Dells. However, the Clarion is more than adequate and has a very nice swimming pool. There is a complimentary continental breakfast with a hot breakfast option on the weekend. Rates probably go up in the summer.

Room Tip: All rooms are non-smoking, so that is not a problem.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Pierre, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We just needed a quick overnight stay while traveling between cities. This hotel was very clean, comfortable, and the price is reasonable. It's 5-10 miles off the interstate. Our kids used the pool & had fun. The breakfast was sufficient (yogurt, pastries, cereal).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We went there for a romantic weekend so we stayed in a jacuzzi room. The room was spacious, the jacuzzi was perfect and the towels and bedding was soft and cozy! My only complaint is the room was very dim. But only 5 minutes from dells and we didn't care about waterparks so it was perfect for us. They do have a decent pool and hot tub but never made it there.

• Stayed November 2012
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel October 19 for just one night. We knew would arrive late and leave early. When I made the reservation the staff asked if what type of room I wanted (I said quiet!) When we arrived at 10pm the staff was friendly and effecient with our key all ready to go. We had a quiet sleep in a clean room. The shower had a nice spray but the bathroom was small. The only thing I missed was the plastic bag usually found in the closet so we had somewhere to put our dirty clothes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Burlington, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I made a reservation at the Clarion for Thursday, October 4 for myself, my husband and our dog. I was given a confirmation number, a pet friendly room and a price. When we arrived at the hotel I was told there would be an extra cost for our dog. The person who I made the reservation with told me our dog was included in the price he quoted but we paid it. What do you do in a case like that?. When we got in our room our dog found a large piece of chicken (looked like a KFC chicken breast) under the bed. We took the chicken to the front desk so they could speak with housekeeping. I disputed the extra charge and have now received two calls from the manager. One stating I would receive the extra charge back and one saying they are going out of the pet business. I do not recommend this hotel because of management.

Room Tip: I would not get any room in this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dell...
#6 of 73 in Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
#18 of 73 in Wisconsin Dells
4.0 of 5 stars 647 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin De...
#26 of 73 in Wisconsin Dells
4.0 of 5 stars 374 reviews
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Su...
#28 of 73 in Wisconsin Dells
4.0 of 5 stars 507 reviews

Been to Clarion Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!