“Your best choice in Baraboo” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel and Convention Center

You added Clarion Hotel and Convention Center to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   626 West Pine Street, Baraboo, WI 53913 (Formerly Park Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Baraboo
Conyers, Georgia
“Your best choice in Baraboo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is an older facility, but very well maintained. Everything is very clean and the service is good. The location, just off of Rt. 12 is a short distance from the Wisconsin Dells. If you need something more elaborate, and certainly more expensive, go to the Dells. However, the Clarion is more than adequate and has a very nice swimming pool. There is a complimentary continental breakfast with a hot breakfast option on the weekend. Rates probably go up in the summer.

Room Tip: All rooms are non-smoking, so that is not a problem.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Pierre, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We just needed a quick overnight stay while traveling between cities. This hotel was very clean, comfortable, and the price is reasonable. It's 5-10 miles off the interstate. Our kids used the pool & had fun. The breakfast was sufficient (yogurt, pastries, cereal).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We went there for a romantic weekend so we stayed in a jacuzzi room. The room was spacious, the jacuzzi was perfect and the towels and bedding was soft and cozy! My only complaint is the room was very dim. But only 5 minutes from dells and we didn't care about waterparks so it was perfect for us. They do have a decent pool and hot tub but never made it there.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank mhluv2wski
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel October 19 for just one night. We knew would arrive late and leave early. When I made the reservation the staff asked if what type of room I wanted (I said quiet!) When we arrived at 10pm the staff was friendly and effecient with our key all ready to go. We had a quiet sleep in a clean room. The shower had a nice spray but the bathroom was small. The only thing I missed was the plastic bag usually found in the closet so we had somewhere to put our dirty clothes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Burlington, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I made a reservation at the Clarion for Thursday, October 4 for myself, my husband and our dog. I was given a confirmation number, a pet friendly room and a price. When we arrived at the hotel I was told there would be an extra cost for our dog. The person who I made the reservation with told me our dog was included in the price he quoted but we paid it. What do you do in a case like that?. When we got in our room our dog found a large piece of chicken (looked like a KFC chicken breast) under the bed. We took the chicken to the front desk so they could speak with housekeeping. I disputed the extra charge and have now received two calls from the manager. One stating I would receive the extra charge back and one saying they are going out of the pet business. I do not recommend this hotel because of management.

Room Tip: I would not get any room in this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Baraboo hotels

Dubuque, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I were able to get away for a "mini-vacation" to the Wisconsin Dells! I was able to use my friends and family discount to get a great rate for this hotel! We arrived not knowing what to expect, but it was GREAT! I had originally booked a room with two double beds, but I called about a week before arival to see if they would happen to have a room with a king size bed! The VERY helpful guest service agent was happy to put me into a king room! When we arrived were pleased to find out that we were given an upgrade to a whirlpool room!! It made our vacation! The guest service agents at the time of check-in were very helpful and friendly! It was an excellent first impression! The hotel is a little outdated, but still very clean (which to me is extremely important)! It was only about 12-15 minutes away from downtown WI Dells, but to us that was perfect!! A few things to remember about staying in hotels... make sure you put the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door! (I forgot to do this, and was woken up by housekeeping entering the room at 9am the next morning)! I know better! :) Great stay, great staff! We will absolutely be back again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Clean, Comfortable, and Reasonable.
We used this as a jumping off point to rediscover the southwest part of the state. it worked out great as we are outdoor people and it is also near state parks for hiking. Fall colors were perfect! We booked on Sunday and Monday …hardly anyone there. They also have a very nice restaurant(attached sort of a bar and grill) that served half price apps to have during the Packer game.

Room Tip: I am not sure if all rooms are smoke free…but ours was and this was a good thing.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dell...
#6 of 73 in Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
#22 of 73 in Wisconsin Dells
4.0 of 5 stars 689 reviews
Quality Inn & Suites

Been to Clarion Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!