“Wonderful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 Attractions in Baraboo
Type: State Parks, Outdoors
Activities: Hiking
More attraction details
Owner description: Devil's Lake has great hiking trails.
23 attraction reviews
“Wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I'm from Wisconsin. I've been here 4-5 times over the years. It's lovely every time. The hiking is steep, but worth it when you get to the top. It does get crowded on the weekends, but it's a big place. I'd say try to visit on a weekday if possible (I hate crowds)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

It is so beautiful there. Me and my friends enjoyed the lake, even though we didn't swim, but we did let the minos eat the dead skin off our feet! It was so fun and created many memories. The hiking is beautiful as well though i don't recommend going through the woods trails unless you have to because it is not a pretty. Do not bring young children on the trails unless you plan on carrying them because not only are there many cliffs but there are steep hills, steps, and rocks. You can bring younder children camping and swimming but the hiking is a bit more difficult. It is beautiful all the same though. I go there almost every year with my friends and I finally got to see Devils Doorway, which is just a rock on a cliff that looks like a doorway. It has a whole long story behind it. I suggest everyone go so they can enjoy the luxury of the beauty of nature.

Dale, WI
9 attraction reviews
“Nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We took a little hike and were glad we did. The view overlooking the lake from above was amazing. It is a challenging hike up because it feels like you will never reach the top but it was well worth it. The park is well kept and worth the trip especially if you like to hike.

Wisconsin
8 attraction reviews
“Great Day Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We didn't camp, but just visited for the day. This place is great. This is a must see of southern Wisconsin. The lake itself was very natural, couldn't believe the huge boulders coming off from the hills into the lake. You couldn't have planned it better and more beautiful. And the beach area was better than any other natural lake. It was shallow out quite a ways, very sandy, with tadpoles and the occasional rocks here and there, but very warm for a spring fed lake. I can't speak for the hiking too much, but from what it looks like, there are trails for all of every spirit and will, from waterfalls to easy asphalt trails.

We intend to come back and stay here. For $7 day admission, this is well worth the price just for the beauty.

Santa Barbara, California
“GREAT attraction”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I am from a rural area, so loved to visit a nature place like this one. The nature center is a great place to visit at the park, and great place for camping as well.

Visited July 2013