“We want to go back!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Menominee
“We want to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We made reservations after finding that instead of the usual fish boil they did an actual lobster boil. Treated my son as a birthday gift, hubby for fathers day. Do not miss this place, not out of the way and Ohhh so good. Thanks to Carlos and Chris our Bartenders & Servers. The price was very good, live Maine Lobster with all the fixings, couldn't finish dessert.

• Visited June 2011

Defiance, Missouri
“Excellent food and location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Harbor Fish Mkt and Grille was very good. Very quaint yet elegant. The lunch menu offered many options. I had the grilled salmon burger and it was delicious. At first I was unsure because initially the service seemed a bit lacking, but once we were waited on we were well taken care of, and the food replaced any concerns we had. We ate outside and it was a beautiful day - great patio area on the water. Loved it - would definitely return.

• Visited June 2011
Elm Grove, WI
“Burger at the Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Went to the Harbor Fish Market with our daughters. They offer a special at the bar for a cheeseburger and fries for $6. It was excellent. This is the 2nd time that we have gone. The manager (I think) with the pink shirt didn't give us the time of day but the rest of the staff was excellent. Highly recommend.

P.S. The also offer a breakfast special at the bar too.

Milwaukee, WI
“It was fine, but just fine....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

First of all, the location on Lake Michigan is nice, and this place is over on the "quiet side" of Door County.
This restaurant has a bar area and dining room are quite nice. It just looks like you're in for a treat when you walk in.
Despite our showing up during the prime dinner hour without a reservation, there were plenty of tables available. As nice as it was inside, we chose to sit outside, which happens to allow pets, though none were there when we were. We had a very helpful and pleasant server that offered up very nice conversation. I guess that can be done when things aren't that busy. My wife ordered a salmon dish, which she really enjoyed, and I had the lobster boil, which was just fair. The lobster itself was good, but the mussels, clams and potatoes not good and the corn should never have been served. My dish did come with a lobster bisque, which I had to surrender to my wife since it was her birthday. I suggested simply ordering another, but noooooooooo. I guess it tastes better when you bum it off someone else. Anyway, the fews tastes I did get were really good.
I did finish things off with their bread pudding, which I highly recommend.
Overall, the prices were quite high for what we got. I would say go there if you want a nice atmosphere and don't mind paying a little more for what might be so-so food.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Random Lake, Wisconsin
“Best birthday dinner ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

This restaurant is a quiet gem! You enter through a fascinating bar area which opens into a serene dining room. There is the option to eat outside, but we chose to stay inside. Although this was fine dining, the dress was casual, but not sloppy. Because it was a special occasion for us, we dressed up somewhat but did not feel out of place.

This was our second visit and the food did not disappoint either time. It was perfectly prepared. I had salmon which is often overcooked, but this was gorgeously prepared with fantastic grilled vegetables and baked potato. Just outstanding. The wait staff was gracious and efficient - friendly and helpful with suggestions. I loved this experience both times I've eaten there, and will definitely return the next time I'm in Door County.