“awesome sunrises!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Baileys Harbor
neenah, wi
“awesome sunrises!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2007

My friend and I just returned from our 5th year of visiting Door County, where we always stay at the Beachfront Inn. The view is unbelievable! We have seen many improvements made over the years at this motel, including newly refurbished rooms and the addition of a firepit on the beach! The pool is always clean and inviting, and there is always hot coffee right away in the morning. We will continue to stay at this motel year after year.

• Liked — beach front/view
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2007

I was surprised to see such good reviews after staying at the Beachfront Inn in Bailey's Harbor. Perhaps the explanation for the good reviews is the placard at the registration desk that says "15% off on your next stay with a good review on Trip Advisor". I hadn't seen a sign like this before and hope it doesn't catch on since I've trusted your reviews before this. The inn does have some good features. It has a huge and very nice pool although one of the handrails leading into the pool was broken. It also had a pretty beach and pier. One of the downsides is that part of the inn is across the street which makes getting to the pool more difficult. Our biggest turn off was the tone of the place. Signs around the room say things like "$100 fine for smoking in this room" and "Towels ruined by make up, etc. will be charged to the occupant". Even the keys said "$20 charge for lost keys". I didn't plan to do any of these things but I got tired of being threatened. The good features of the place were outweighed by the threats. I would not stay here again. And I wonder how many of the glowing reviews were written in anticipation of the 15% off.

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — The atmosphere
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
harbortyme, owner at Beachfront Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2007
Thank you so much for bringing to our attention the negative toned signs we had overlooked from the previous owners. We appreciate all comments from our guests that can assist us in making their stays more comfortable and enjoyable and those signs will be removed immediately.
We have been having major renovations done to the Inn since we bought it 3 years ago (painting all the rooms and the exterior of the Inn, adding air conditioning, replacing bathrooms, to name just a few) and, as we move into the next phase of our renovation, suggestions like yours will be addressed.
Again, we appreciate your input in helping us become the traveler's choice for affordable accomodations with a breathtaking view of Lake Michigan and outstanding hospitality!
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

While we were traveling through Wisconsin and Michigan we stayed at the Beachfront Inn and found it so lovely, we stayed an extra night. We were told it was not new, but clean and pleasant. That proved to be true, but the hospitality, the view, convenience to town were all unexpected delights. Dined at some excellent restaurants, enjoyed the evening beach bonfire and the spectacular view.

Stayed June 2007
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

We just spent four days at the Beachfront Inn in Bailey's Harbor--what a great play to stay! It was very affordable, nothing fancy, but it was quaint and clean. It's right on Lake Michigan--slept with the windows open! The Borks were wonderful hosts. Will definitely stay there the next time we visit Door County.

• Liked — Affordable, clean
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Geneva, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2007

I have stayed at the Beachfront Inn for the past 3 summers and it is incredible to watch the renovation that has taken place since my last visit! My room had been completely updated and as always, had a gorgeous view of Lake Michigan.
Terry and Tammy, the owners, treated me like I was family and did everything they could to make sure my vacation was even better than I had planned. Their restaurant recommendations were wonderful and they even had discounts for a 5 star restaurant across the street, Saveur, that was one of the finest places I have ever eaten.
I didn't bring my dog this time but having seen their "dog friendly" rooms, I will on my next visit in August. Watching others dogs play on the beach made me realize it is also a great atmosphere for my Max!
I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed the Beachfront and can't wait to return to my amazing Door County escape!

• Liked — It is on the shores of Lake MIchigan and competely affordable
  • Disliked — I really don'[t have any complaints
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2007

The Beachfront Inn in Baileys Harbor is a wonderful hotel!!!!
Our room had a view of the lake, and we fell peacfully asleep each night listening to the waves hit the shore. Relaxing at the hotel offers many options: lounging in one of the many chairs on the lawn facing the lake; sitting on the beach itself (they must have 70 feet of beach); or swimming in the wonderfully clean and warm indoor pool (with a depth to 9 feet). The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the new addition of air conditioning was a nice option a day or two this past visit. Tammy and Terry (the owners) are great - - as are their staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I spend a week here every summer, and I'm already looking forward to my 2008 visit to the Beachfront Inn.

• Liked — The Lake Michigan views
  • Disliked — Small bathroom
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Downers Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2007

We consider Baileys Harbor in Door County the Quiet Side. But definitely not boring. We love getting away from the crowds along the Green Bay side of the Peninsula. The Beachfront Inn is definitely the place to stay. The location is perfect - right smack in the center of town, with gorgeous of views of Lake Michigan from the front or side rooms. (The side rooms also allow you to see if Expresso Lane - a really wonderful coffee shop - is open yet. The fresh coffee, expresso, cappucinos, and muffins are to die for.)

However, the Suite at The Beachfront Inn, with it's balcony overlooking Lake Michigan is really the best room at the Inn, especially if you are spending three or more nights in the area.

All the rooms are very nice. It is a simple, clean, friendly motel/inn in a good area, on a beach on Lake Michigan. The nightly rate is extremely reasonable and there are specials offered on and off season. What more can you ask for?!?

I don't get into swimming pools much, but the indoor pool seems fun and is a nice feature on a cool windy day (It's Wisconsin folks - and it gets cool even in summer), particularly for the kids. Total strangers gather on the beach at night for a bonfire and s'mores, and laugh and talk into the late night hours (10:00 p.m.).

The owners are always pleasant and knowledgeable about restaurants and happenings in the area. Not afraid to voice an opinion. By the way, there are several restaurants in the area to choose from.

And it is a 15 to 20 minute drive across to the "other side" for groceries, gourment beers and snacks, more restaurants and Door County's famous sunsets.

As Tammy, one of the owners states - Baileys Harbor has the Sunrises. And I can say that when you are sitting on the balcony of the suite, drinking a latte from Expresso Lane, and looking out over the lake in the early morning, it's as every bit as impressive as the sunsets on the Bay.

If you contact the inn directly for a reservation, the response is always prompt. We have stayed several times, and when looking for a change in venue from time to time, we always decide to go back.

While there are other properties that are perhaps more impressive, more luxurious - the feel of The Beachfront Inn and Baileys Harbor is like going back home (and still being on vacation).

• Liked — The balcony overlooking Lake Michigan
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Beachfront Inn? Share your experiences!