“Great meal and great setting!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
tennessee
“Great meal and great setting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We just finished dining at Max Supper Club and once again it was superb! We usually have the walleye (we can cook a steak at home!) and it is the best in the County. A wedge salad comes with the meal which makes the prices reasonable. My husband had the beet salad which he said was great. They usually served the walleye over homemade mashed potatoes but are now serving them over wild rice. I prefer the potatoes which they were happy to substitute. Our service was fast and attentive and we had a table overlooking the golf course. We ate on Friday night and several around us were getting the fried perch which looked great.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sussex, wi
“Such a disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

When we go up to the Door for a girls weekend we like to try new places to eat and decided on the Max Supper Club. We ate at their other place Chop the year before and enjoyed our meal and was looking forward to another good meal. Unfortunately it ended up being one of our least favorite meals we have had in the Door. 4 out of the 5 of us were not impressed with the meal and would probably never take the chance to try again. The only person who was impressed had the Walleye. The rest of us had steak. They start you off with a pickled relish tray which I have to say was my only highlight of the meal ...but this was not my meal. I ordered the filet (what I came for) and it was one of the worst I've had. I was so looking forward to a good steak dinner. I expected a tall tender piece of meat and instead I got a flat piece of meat that tasted more like a pot roast. Our waiter didn't seem very seasoned and this would have been fine had the meal been better. We had 2 people that ordered the soup instead of the salad and the soups were forgotten. Once we were able to get a waitress to track down our waiter, he did apologize and got the soups there quickly but the rest of us were almost done with our salads by this time. The 2 people who had soup like it. The wedge salad was OK but nothing special. Combining the service with the food made it for such a disappointment. We did have someone stop by our table (manager?) at the end of the meal and ask how our meals were but none of us wanted to end the evening complaining as it would have only made it worse. Sorry - it just left less money in my pocket and a bad taste in my mouth.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Food and Service was exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Thank you to the great staff at Max Supper Club for making our dining experience amazing! The walleye was the best I've ever had and it was displayed so beautifully on the plate. My friend had the ribs and said the BBQ sauce was delicious. Awesome homemade desserts too - we tried the creme brûlée and apple pie. You can tell how much time and effort goes into the food! Great service and drinks too.

Baileys Harbor, Wisconsin, United States
“Awesome Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Max's is super good! It is like a supper club, but with a new edge. The plating is beautiful and creative. Our steaks were cooked to perfection! The relish tray was good too. The Creme Brulee was to die for! That chef they have is amazing too! If you are expecting an old supper club experience, you will not get that. What they offer is supper club refined.

West Bend, Wisconsin
“Best dinner I've had in Door County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The wife and I went to Max's for our anniversary dinner; we had been provided a gift card for the restaurant as part of our hotel package. It was the best dinner we have had in Door County and the best dinner we have had anywhere for a long time. The wait staff and chefs went out of their way to make it a special night for us. Both mine and the wife's dinner were perfect.