“Great Secondary Course” 5 of 5 stars

Lake Placid
4 attraction reviews
“Great Secondary Course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This course provided great fun in addition to the 2 other courses. All three of the courses provided great challenging action.

Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
“Very Loud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This course is so picturesque, but 7 of the back 9 holes are sooo loud due to highway traffic, shame, it detracts what was otherwise a nice experience.

Virginia
7 attraction reviews
“Great course, support not so great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I'm about a 25 handicap, so I decided to play the easiest of the 3 courses. The course itself was in great shape, and I had a great round. This course also looks to be the least crowded, and I zipped through in under 2.5 hours.

The only problem was arrival and departure. Signage wasn't great and parking nearby was limited. I went to the bag drop and there was no one there, and even after parking my car and returning my bag was still there. I started to walk around the building and finally a guy in a cart drove up and took my bag and 2 others' with barely a word, until I asked where to check in.

I think I just missed a sign to the #1 tee so I'll take my share of the blame for having trouble finding it. After finishing my round, I went to drive the cart out to my car and got partway on the only route I saw and there were signs that said club employees only, and then "no carts". I just dropped my cart where I had picked it up and walked my club out to the car, and no one was there to offer any kind of help. I don't really care that much, but it's not at all the service I'd expect for these prices. I give the course itself 5*, and the service 2*.

Southern Shores, North Carolina
16 attraction reviews
“Great course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Well maintained, beautiful, and challenging course. Beautiful homes, mountains and streams running thru out.

Visited June 2013
Columbus, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
“Fun and Playable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is the least challenging of the courses at The Greenbrier. It is sporty and fun. It can be played in under 4 hours. Lots of nice mountain scenery.

Visited May 2013