“Very friendly and helpful people” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Village Inn

You added Village Inn to your Saves list
Village Inn
38 W Main St, White Sulphur Springs, WV 24986   |
“Very friendly and helpful people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

So we stayed at the village inn for 2 weeks and we had an excellent stay. Thanks to the very helpful manager, Sharon, who keeps on helping us during our stay. She even helped us when we moved to our apartment. The village inn is very close to the Greenbrier hotel and I believe the closest inn to stay when you are planning to go to the Greenbrier.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Chrison M

Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This is an older, classic two story motel surrounding the parking lot. The rooms look to have been upgraded recently -- new flat screen TVs and some nice furniture, but also plenty of vintage fixtures in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable enough and the AC was a bit noisy but it worked. The hotel rents by the week and month, so the vibe is closer to staying at an apartment complex than a hotel. In the afternoon lots of folks congregate outside their doors and young kids are running around playing in front of your door. One thing that hasn't been upgraded are the doors, which offer only doorknob locks -- no deadbolts, so it didn't quite secure. The woman at check-in was very friendly, although when I arrived a fellow was sitting in the lobby chatting on his cellphone. He yelled "you have a customer!" and a few minutes later she arrived to check me in. There is no breakfast, and I wasn't able to find anything open in town when I pulled out -- this is a very scenic area but White Sulfur Springs is a pretty small, quiet place. If you don't want to pay the hefty prices to stay at nearby Greenbrier, I'd suggest checking out hotels in Lewisburg, the next town over.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Casey1994

Travelers are raving about these White Sulphur Springs hotels

Dublin VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

My wife and I popped into town, not knowing where we would stay. At a Convenience Store, I asked where we might find some good food and a place to stay. The Village Inn was quickly recommended. With no reservation and the place nearly full, the absolutely delightful manager adjusted her assignments and found us a room to accommodate us. The problem lots of people seem to have is that they are unable and/or unwilling to allow a place to be itself. We adjusted and had a very pleasant stay in the room on the end near the road. It is about a mile from an absolutely wonderful place to eat, where we had enjoyed our dinner, and where we had breakfast before we left town.

Room Tip: Be flexible and allow a place to be itself.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Garland C
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was stranded by the most recent winter storm on Wed. Feb. 12. I am a truck driver and had to be towed to the top of the mountain. I was able to get off at the next exit and found an parking lot at Food Lion stores. I pulled into the lot and parked safely to escape the snowfall of apx 15 inches. I googled hotels and search showed Village Inn. I phoned Village and asked if any rooms available and explained my situation and asked the owner if she could get me. She asked me how the roads were. I said terrible but she said she would try to pick me up. She showed up and asked me to derive back because it was so bad out; she even allowed me to stop at gas station for a few supplies. We made it back to Motel and she gave me a really nice clean room, she offered to feed me. She made me feel very comfortable. The next morning I awoke to view how much snow accumulated, there was at least a foot or more on top of cars in lot and this wonderful lady was out shoveling snow from customers cars. I was stranded there for 2 days and was so glad I found the Village Inn. The people are so friendly and there are attractions close by plus the scenery is an added benefit!

Room Tip: Older historic location but rooms very clean with micro oven and fridge. Great value and priced ri...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank BruceAmor
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

A friend and I stayed here after snowboarding up in snowshoe. Its located right off the main road in a little small town. Great great stay for the $$$$. Couldn't have asked for anything better. Our room was clean, warm, had a little fridge, microwave and TV. Most hotel stays for decent places are 80-90-100$ +. If your looking for a quick basic place to crash, this is the place by far ! Will stay again on future snowboarding trips!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Robert J
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Noisy (next to Main St), dirty, cold/drafty (had to place towel at foot of door; sheer curtains that did not keep out air--blew curtains), filthy bathroom (saw spittle on wall), no door safety lock--felt unsafe

Room Tip: don't stay near Main St.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank TarHeel071
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our way to Myrtle Beach. The lady at the front desk was very kind and friendly. She was very accommodating to our needs and was a pleasure to deal with. The room was very clean and fresh. This is an older private run hotel/motel. That being said we found the bed comfortable and the room clean. It was furnished with a king sized bed, flat screen TV, wireless internet, a granite topped clothes closet, a coffee pot, and a small room refrigerator. The room had a thru the wall window air conditioner which worked well and kept us plenty cool. The bathroom was clean and fresh. The floor was a laminate hardwood design and looked very nice. This room looked to have been freshly renovated and was tastefully decorated. The only things I saw that I did not like was that the peephole in the door did not work, there was no security lock on the room door, you could see light under the room door as the threshold seal was not there, (I figured it was just missed in the renovation), the blinds on the room window were all messed up but it was not a problem as the drapes on the inside covered them up, they just look junky from outside, and there was no phone in the room. Overall it was a good value for the money spent. I would stay here again if the opportunity presented itself.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
#7 of 7 in Lewisburg
3.0 of 5 stars 24 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Covington

Been to Village Inn? Share your experiences!