“Absolutely Delightful Manager” 4 of 5 stars

38 W Main St, White Sulphur Springs, WV 24986   |
Dublin VA
“Absolutely Delightful Manager”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

My wife and I popped into town, not knowing where we would stay. At a Convenience Store, I asked where we might find some good food and a place to stay. The Village Inn was quickly recommended. With no reservation and the place nearly full, the absolutely delightful manager adjusted her assignments and found us a room to accommodate us. The problem lots of people seem to have is that they are unable and/or unwilling to allow a place to be itself. We adjusted and had a very pleasant stay in the room on the end near the road. It is about a mile from an absolutely wonderful place to eat, where we had enjoyed our dinner, and where we had breakfast before we left town.

Room Tip: Be flexible and allow a place to be itself.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was stranded by the most recent winter storm on Wed. Feb. 12. I am a truck driver and had to be towed to the top of the mountain. I was able to get off at the next exit and found an parking lot at Food Lion stores. I pulled into the lot and parked safely to escape the snowfall of apx 15 inches. I googled hotels and search showed Village Inn. I phoned Village and asked if any rooms available and explained my situation and asked the owner if she could get me. She asked me how the roads were. I said terrible but she said she would try to pick me up. She showed up and asked me to derive back because it was so bad out; she even allowed me to stop at gas station for a few supplies. We made it back to Motel and she gave me a really nice clean room, she offered to feed me. She made me feel very comfortable. The next morning I awoke to view how much snow accumulated, there was at least a foot or more on top of cars in lot and this wonderful lady was out shoveling snow from customers cars. I was stranded there for 2 days and was so glad I found the Village Inn. The people are so friendly and there are attractions close by plus the scenery is an added benefit!

Room Tip: Older historic location but rooms very clean with micro oven and fridge. Great value and priced ri...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

A friend and I stayed here after snowboarding up in snowshoe. Its located right off the main road in a little small town. Great great stay for the $$$$. Couldn't have asked for anything better. Our room was clean, warm, had a little fridge, microwave and TV. Most hotel stays for decent places are 80-90-100$ +. If your looking for a quick basic place to crash, this is the place by far ! Will stay again on future snowboarding trips!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Noisy (next to Main St), dirty, cold/drafty (had to place towel at foot of door; sheer curtains that did not keep out air--blew curtains), filthy bathroom (saw spittle on wall), no door safety lock--felt unsafe

Room Tip: don't stay near Main St.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our way to Myrtle Beach. The lady at the front desk was very kind and friendly. She was very accommodating to our needs and was a pleasure to deal with. The room was very clean and fresh. This is an older private run hotel/motel. That being said we found the bed comfortable and the room clean. It was furnished with a king sized bed, flat screen TV, wireless internet, a granite topped clothes closet, a coffee pot, and a small room refrigerator. The room had a thru the wall window air conditioner which worked well and kept us plenty cool. The bathroom was clean and fresh. The floor was a laminate hardwood design and looked very nice. This room looked to have been freshly renovated and was tastefully decorated. The only things I saw that I did not like was that the peephole in the door did not work, there was no security lock on the room door, you could see light under the room door as the threshold seal was not there, (I figured it was just missed in the renovation), the blinds on the room window were all messed up but it was not a problem as the drapes on the inside covered them up, they just look junky from outside, and there was no phone in the room. Overall it was a good value for the money spent. I would stay here again if the opportunity presented itself.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

First things first White Sulphur Springs West Virginia is a quiet town. Not much commerce and a low population. The Village Inn was a great find while i was very tired and too far from anything familiar. This motel is under new management and under renovation I see the Village Inn upgraded completely within the next year and a half The recent changes however made my stay
cozy and well rested. The police station right next door is not needed but a cherry on top. Ahhhhh! :-)zzzzz

Room Tip: I personaly ask for the room next to the office at any hotel Its usualy got the latest gadets and is...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have been staying at the Village Inn for many years now and have seen the bad and the good. Prior to the upgrade it was a place to lay my head. They did do 20,000 dollars worth of upgrades recently and it made a world of difference. The previous cleaning crew has been replaced and its worth going back to check out. The rooms have hardwood floors now and marble tv stands. Its really pleasant and I enjoy speaking with Sharon and her husband every year. I have seen them struggle with their reputation over the years but it really is a nice place to stay now that the renovations are complete.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Village Inn? Share your experiences!