“If you want a good night's rest, stay elsewhere” 1 of 5 stars

You added Village Inn to your Saves list
Village Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   38 W Main St, White Sulphur Springs, WV 24986   |
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“If you want a good night's rest, stay elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Noisy (next to Main St), dirty, cold/drafty (had to place towel at foot of door; sheer curtains that did not keep out air--blew curtains), filthy bathroom (saw spittle on wall), no door safety lock--felt unsafe

Room Tip: don't stay near Main St.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our way to Myrtle Beach. The lady at the front desk was very kind and friendly. She was very accommodating to our needs and was a pleasure to deal with. The room was very clean and fresh. This is an older private run hotel/motel. That being said we found the bed comfortable and the room clean. It was furnished with a king sized bed, flat screen TV, wireless internet, a granite topped clothes closet, a coffee pot, and a small room refrigerator. The room had a thru the wall window air conditioner which worked well and kept us plenty cool. The bathroom was clean and fresh. The floor was a laminate hardwood design and looked very nice. This room looked to have been freshly renovated and was tastefully decorated. The only things I saw that I did not like was that the peephole in the door did not work, there was no security lock on the room door, you could see light under the room door as the threshold seal was not there, (I figured it was just missed in the renovation), the blinds on the room window were all messed up but it was not a problem as the drapes on the inside covered them up, they just look junky from outside, and there was no phone in the room. Overall it was a good value for the money spent. I would stay here again if the opportunity presented itself.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

First things first White Sulphur Springs West Virginia is a quiet town. Not much commerce and a low population. The Village Inn was a great find while i was very tired and too far from anything familiar. This motel is under new management and under renovation I see the Village Inn upgraded completely within the next year and a half The recent changes however made my stay
cozy and well rested. The police station right next door is not needed but a cherry on top. Ahhhhh! :-)zzzzz

Room Tip: I personaly ask for the room next to the office at any hotel Its usualy got the latest gadets and is...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have been staying at the Village Inn for many years now and have seen the bad and the good. Prior to the upgrade it was a place to lay my head. They did do 20,000 dollars worth of upgrades recently and it made a world of difference. The previous cleaning crew has been replaced and its worth going back to check out. The rooms have hardwood floors now and marble tv stands. Its really pleasant and I enjoy speaking with Sharon and her husband every year. I have seen them struggle with their reputation over the years but it really is a nice place to stay now that the renovations are complete.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Croton-on-Hudson, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I chose this place because it's walking distance from the Amtrak station, and they let me ship me a bicycle to arrive before me. The innkeeper, Sharon, was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and had everything I needed, i.e. comfortable queen size bed, hot water, and a TV. It is walking distance from two good restaurants and a diner. All you complainers, go stay at the Greenbrier for $300 a night. My 5-star rating is for a $50 room. If it was $300, I would give it two stars. You get what you pay for, and in this case more.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

They didn't do any service for me in my room. I had to wash my own sheets, beding, towels, clean how room myself. I asked if I could have a vacuum and the lady at the deck said she? would send housekeeping. When the fat ,nasty lady came she was very rude and said there was a vacum by the laundry room.I hade to go get it myself :/ wtf.I pay 350 a week.

• Stayed October 2011

Travelers are raving about these White Sulphur Springs hotels

Ashland, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Arrived at the hotel and the woman at the desk is very friendly we checked in and went to our room, checked the beds the sheets were dirty with hairs & dirt and had red streaks on them, the mattresses looked old and when you lift them up there are little brown things and hair and stains, we always check for bedbugs. The bathroom was disgusting, looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 6 months, the whole room was gross and we stayed there for an hour and a half before I called our next destination to ask them if we could come early and stay the night there, as I could not even stay one more minute, was not going to let my daughter sleep in those beds or were me and my husband. We did get a partial refund even though it should have been the whole amount due to how long we were there for. We will never stay there again and I don't recommend this place to anyone, the worst hotel I have ever been too. The dirtiest and the outside smelled like cat urine and the furniture was gross.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Village Inn? Share your experiences!