“Will never go there again” 1 of 5 stars

You added Village Inn to your Saves list
Village Inn
38 W Main St, White Sulphur Springs, WV 24986   |
Ashland, Kentucky
“Will never go there again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Arrived at the hotel and the woman at the desk is very friendly we checked in and went to our room, checked the beds the sheets were dirty with hairs & dirt and had red streaks on them, the mattresses looked old and when you lift them up there are little brown things and hair and stains, we always check for bedbugs. The bathroom was disgusting, looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 6 months, the whole room was gross and we stayed there for an hour and a half before I called our next destination to ask them if we could come early and stay the night there, as I could not even stay one more minute, was not going to let my daughter sleep in those beds or were me and my husband. We did get a partial refund even though it should have been the whole amount due to how long we were there for. We will never stay there again and I don't recommend this place to anyone, the worst hotel I have ever been too. The dirtiest and the outside smelled like cat urine and the furniture was gross.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Durbin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

we stayed here one night .in s queen size room .it was clean,just if you turned on the heat ,which was the air conditioner unit .it smelled like burned hair.but didnt really need to use it.
i accdently lelf my shoes setting outside , and drove off ,went back the next day and the maid had picked them up .so i was very happy,to grt my shoes back.if i ever need to go back and stay in white sulpher springs .i will probably stay there again.plus it is close to a bar/grill and other fast food resturants.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

My husband and I were on a motorcycle trip over Labor Day weekend and decided to stay one night here because we were visiting the nearby Greenbrier Resort for a tour. We were on a budget & found this hotel online for $59.95 & we split the room so can't really get much cheaper than that. The gal that runs the place was very helpful on the phone & once we arrived; very sweet. However, good things to say about the motel almost stop there. The rooms are very small & dingy, which I could deal with. However, the cleanliness of the room wasn't very good & thats something I can't deal with. The bathroom was the worst, with a very stained bathtub, fixtures that sprayed ALL over the place when you used them & mold on the ceiling. We actually tried to clean the tub ourselves that evening & all agreed that if we would've had to stay more than one night, we would've went to get our money back & switched hotels. To add to it, the hotel also appears to people living in a section of it and there isn't anything to do in White Sulphur Springs (much more to do 9 miles away in Lewisburg) so we were somewhat stuck with nothing to do except hang out in our icky hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Village Inn? Share your experiences!