“Horrible!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Georgetown ky
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Came here based on the good reviews. Worst food mistake of our lives! Fried Buffalo wings were bad quality and fatty. They were soft and greasy. My dad found plastic in his burger. Service was laking. Took them forever to get simple things and when they did they messed them up. We were constantly correcting their mistakes. Just simply gross. We weren't expecting fine dining. Just a quick bite to eat but instead we wasted two hours waiting for a disgusting meal. I would have rather eating at a fast food chain.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
WV-Chef, Owner at The Mason Jar Restaurant, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for your honest feedback. I sincerely apologize that your dining experience did not meet ANY of my standards. I was out of restaurant on a catering and your experience has confirmed that my recent decision to reduce hours to enable myself and my lead chef to oversee all operations in kitchen and instate a general manager to manage to wait staff was on point. The staff over past weekend was more inexperienced than I realized and unable to handle the volume of customers we encountered with the football scrimmage. Staff members have also gone through an intensive re-training this week. I am hoping these changes, which were implemented this past Monday, will prevent experiences such as yours and enable us to focus on quality food and service for all our guests.

Savannah, Georgia
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Unique restaurant situated in a quaint town with delicious food. The burger and fried chicken are my personal favorites. The sweet tea is true southern sweet tea and delicious! A buffet is sometimes offered as well. Service was good too.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fairborn, Ohio
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We looked for casual dinner spot in White Sulphur Springs. Mason Jar had good recommendations on Trip Advisor. they were justified. good food at good prices. 'Mason Burger' is a great burger.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great local lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

After spending a few days at The Greenbrier, we were looking for a quick lunch at a local restaurant before leaving town. The service was fast and friendly, the food was great, and the price was very reasonable. If you want a quick meal while in White Sulphur Springs or a break from the pricey restaurants at The Greenbrier, this is a good choice.

Lexington, Kentucky
“Great dinner at a neighborhood gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Had a delightfully delicious dinner. Quaint atmosphere and the food was great! So glad we made the journey from Beckley. The next time I come in from Lexington, I hope we'll make the journey over to White Sulphur for another delectable meal! Our waiter was an added bonus - courteous and astute! Completely satisfied!
-Rebekah