I have visited the Greenbrier regularly since I was a child (over 40 years). I have many memories of spending Thanksgiving, New Years and periods of the summer staying at the hotel. In more recent years I have visited while staying with relatives that live on the grounds. While staying at a home on the Old White Course I have still been able to experience many aspects of the resort including its restaurants, shops, activities and staff. Unfortunately I have witnessed a slow decline in the quality of the resort over the past few decades.
Last weekend was the first time that I have stayed in the hotel in years and I was pleasantly surprised! The room was exquisite, the hotel was impeccable and I notices a renewed sense of hospitality with the staff. The new restaurants, the new casino, ice rink and other activities all increase the enjoyment of the overall resort experience. I too take my hat off to Jim Justice for doing an incredible job in revitalizing an American tradition!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv