We stayed a year ago and went back, this time with our 8 month old girl. They valued our return visit and try hard to please young couples. and we got the same room as last time, a nice Spring Row Cottage toward the end of the line with quiet, a front porch and nice mountain views They accommodate you if you want dining room reservations on your schedule and if you want things in your room that are for babies. Babysitting at $8 an hour is a bargain and quite competent. We like the dining room for breakfast and dinner. Our main complaint is that outside the dining room there are not enough healthy and vegeterian options and they don't seem sensitive to this unless you ask them to make something for you (which they will). The nuclear bunker tour was fun and we enjoyed the various activities -- afternoon tea and concert, nightly dancing in the lounge, horse and carriage ride, golf buggy ride, bowling, cooking demonstrations, architectural tours on the property, and going on a holiday weekend is definitely a festival with various kinds of entertainment and free foodies all around. Often you return to a place and it is underwhelming second time around -- we were very happy and would go back again and we really had a wonderful time with our little kid and even our mother in law who came with us. Also very convenient flying in and out of Lewisburg, just a 20 minute shuttle from the hotel. Our main concern is that they are getting rid of the meal plan and going a la carte all the way -- it may drive people to pinch pennies and feel less freespirited overall unless they come up with packages that let people feel loose on their holidays. We really liked the meal plan aspect of the Greenbrier and will miss it. We also felt that service was really friendly and outgoing -- if anyone thought we wanted something, they went right out to try and do it for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv