We stayed here in July 2009. This place is like a blast from the past - a sprawling resort that is quite formal. My room was are very spacious and covered in floral wallpaper. Oddly, I liked the decor because it reminded me of a grand resort from times gone by.
The food was very, very good. We had dinner one night in the Main Dining Room, which was fun and very good. Please be aware, however, that this place is very formal and jeans are not really in the dress code for the restaurants. They have a little chocolate store, which I loved!
We did a white water rafting trip and I really recommend that. It took pretty much the whole day. Beware if you get motion sickness -- not from the raft but from the trip to the river! I think I was the only one in my van who was not affected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv