This was a Christmas present from my DH - 4 days/3 nights by myself (my hubby stayed home with our 4 kids, the oldest is 7 -- yes, he is Mr. Incredible!). Anyway, it was WONDERFUL!!! Just before leaving, I read reviews and was concerned about other reviewers' comments about rude staff. Nothing could be further from the truth! The staff was EXCEPTIONAL! The food was OUTSTANDING! The decor (especially for Christmas) was PHENOMENAL! Even the room with its bright colors worked for me! If you love to dance while dining, go to the Chesapeake Room for dinner. The band was EXCELLENT and I loved watching so many (young [even little children] and old) dancing to music from the 50's and 60's. If you prefer the more formal atmosphere, go to the main dining room - complete with a finger bowl at the end! Either way, I LOVED having the chance to wear evening gowns to dinner! For you spa lovers, theirs cannot be beaten! Lynn and her staff (especially Donna - GREAT hospitality) will simply WOW you! I literally lived there for four days - great baths/soaks (these are actually individual bath rooms! AWESOME!), great wraps (Rose Petal!!!!) and great facials (the Pinnacle is a MUST). If you love water with your spa treatments, try the Mountain Soaker! For lunch, Draper's Cafe has THE BEST crab cakes and an awesome baby greens salad with candied pistachios and an out-of-this-world raspberry vinagrette (the chef willingly gave the recipe!)! Draper's also has a wonderful buffet breakfast, and they'll gladly let you go "off the menu" (I did for my omlette)! Greenbrier is HUGE and I got lost a couple of times, but was rescued by a wonderfully patient bellmen (thanks, Walter!). The bottom line is that Greenbrier is EXCELLENT in every way! Yeah, it's pricey, but TOTALLY worth it! Hope this helps!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv