We stayed at the Greenbrier for 2 nights just before Christmas, in a cottage on Spring Row. It was like being in a Christmas wonderland from the moment we arrived. Beautiful, live Christmas trees everywhere - indoors and out, gracious service, lovely accomodations and delicious food served beautifully. After checking into our 1 bedroom cottage, we lit a fire and were relaxing before dinner, when our doorbell rang. At the door was a Greenbrier staff person, who welcomed us to the resort and presented us with a beautiful red pointsettia and a large box of scrumptous, homemade chocolates, accompanied with a note addressed to us, by name, welcoming us and wishing us a happy holiday and a wonderful stay. The next morning, while enjoying coffee by the fireplace, which worked perfectly, we heard the sound of jingle bells. Looking out to the park in front of our cottage, we saw a beautiful horse drawn sleigh with 6 people enjoying their ride, wrapped in plaid lap blankets. What a beautiful sight! Our dinners in the main dinig room and the Sam Snead room were delicious. One night we went to the Old White Club, in the main building, where we heard a wonderful jazz trio with a fabulous singer - Jane L. Powell. We plan to return next year and will bring all the children, ages 3 to 20, to stay for several days, including Christmas day. I can't imagine anyplace better to enjoy the holidays with family and friends. There's something for everyone! And we'll be sure to take a sleigh ride.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv