I spent the past weekend at the Greenbrier with my wife. We have visited at least once a year for the past 4 years (I have been 3x this yr). It is simply a fantastic place . . . the staff is fantastic (I could go on with many stories about exceptional service that I have received), the food is excellent, the golf courses are beautiful and the spa is wonderful. The decor is very bold. I can understand how some may not like the decor, but I love that the Hotel as kept the style of Dorothy Draper instead of chasing the lastest tan & off white combination. I like to stay in one of the cottages, but it doesn't matter too much to me b/c I spend very little time in the room. If you have not visited before figure out what activites you want to do otherwise the choices will be overwhelming. I always play golf, visit the spa, go mountain biking and fly fish in the spring time. After all of our visits there are still acitivities that my wife and I still have not tried. We bring our kids with us very often (ages 8 & 6) and they have a great time. If you are on a tight budget this is not the place for you. If you want to experience a classic hotel I recommend it highly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with getaroom.com so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv