We stayed one night at The Greenbrier while driving south. It was quite a bit out of the way but well worth the trip. We arrived and the staff was so helpful and made us feel at home right from the beginning. Our room was lovely, with beautiful wallpaper and furnishings, a HUGE king sized bed, and all the amenities that one could want. They put us in a corner room on the forth floor which was so private. There was an entire wing of shops that we checked out too. We used the full sized indoor swimming pool and had a visit to the candy shoppe for some homemade candy after dinner. And took advantage of the two movies shown that evening in the theater right in the hotel. (they even thought of including a full popcorn machine for the viewers) In the morning, we had the huge breakfast buffet at the hotel. That was delicious as expected and the staff again were very attentive. Our morning Bunker Tour was very interesting and the expert guide explained everything to us and answered all of our questions. We stopped for a coffee at the shop in the hotel and had a walk around the grounds but a summer shower stopped us from seeing everything. Since we only had time for one night we didn't get to tour the entire hotel either, so we will definitely be planning another trip here in the near future. Definitely try to find time for this hotel....you won't be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Groupon and Travelocity so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv