We had a wonderful time at The Greenbrier!
The property is gorgeous! The grounds are beautifully maintained. The pool is large and has a great view of the golf course and a gorgeous view of the mountains.
The room was larger than I expected. Very clean and pretty. We thought the beds were quite comfortable. And it was one of the quietest hotels I've ever stayed in. Check out the sign they put up in the hallway every night (I'm posting some photos to this review).
With one exception, the food was terrific. Sam Snead's is amazing (both the food and the service), and the food at the pool is very good, too. Stay far away from the casual restaurant in the hotel -- Draper's. This restaurant is not of the caliber you'd expect at a resort such as The Greenbrier. The food was truly atrocious. Not one of us finished even half of our meals -- they were that bad.
Check out the cooking demonstrations at the Gourmet Shoppe -- really a treat! Enjoy afternoon tea in the beautiful upper lobby area. Watch a movie in the theater at night (family-friendly movies when we were there).
The most striking thing about this resort is the level of service -- from the moment you pull your car up to the door of the hotel. We were truly impressed with the level of service and the amount of staff available to assist.
As many other reviewers have mentioned . . . this is an EXPENSIVE vacation. Lunch for four (two adults, two kids) at the pool one day was $70. But if you are choosing The Greenbriar (and reading these reviews), then you know what you're in for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv