This review is purely for the grounds/bar/day trip and not for a stay as a guest. We visited the resort just to see the grounds, historical decor in the lobby spaces, and have martinis. We thought the decor was really fun. This place makes you feel like you're in an episode of Mad Men, and I could see how that can go both ways -- there's an "old money," glamour element, and a dated, stuffy element. I thought it was fun to visit the shops and see how every nook and cranny of this place has been decorated. The grounds were beautiful. We had Boyd & Blair vodka martinis that were expensive but delicious. I would say this resort is worth stopping at if in the area, but again, we did not see let alone sleep in guest rooms, we did not have to pay fees. It might not be at it's former glory but it's worth seeing in your lifetime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv