My husband and I have always wanted to stay here, as we live in WV, but always found it a little pricey. We were able to secure a FABULOUS deal($198 with breakfast included!) in December 2013 and were so excited to be able to stay at such an iconic resort. We fully expected to have a very small room with a poor view for the price we paid but were pleasantly surprised to find our room size more than adequate with a HUGE closet. We also had a nice view of the grounds at the back of the resort, our only complaint was how really dirty the windows were...a 5 star resort requires attention to every detail. The staff here provide excellent service and make you feel very welcomed. The resort was beautifully decorated for Christmas, which gave it a truly special feeling during our visit. Yes, the decor is very flowery and classic but fits with the history of the resort and did not bother us. We had dinner at Prime 44, which was exceptional (especially the lobster mashed potatoes!!), less impressed with the Forum but found it adequate. Breakfast buffet was nice, but a little close and crowded for those seated nearby...we were fortunate to be seated away from the chaos. We did the bunker tour, was enjoyable. We did have to check out early am due to a large snowstorm moving in, which was disappointing, but we were very pleased with our stay overall and hope to return again in the future to take advantage of the Spa and other wonderful services/activities provided by this iconic resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv