We spent our thirty fifth wedding anniversary at the Greenbrier. We spent our honeymoon there and have been back a few times in between. We took advantage of a special rate and were still treated like royalty the whole weekend.
I booked reservations for dinner at the Forum and the main dining room. Both times we received a complimentary glass of Champaign and a dessert. The food was wonderful. The Forum is a causal Italian restaurant. The service and food was up to the Greenbrier's high standards. The Pumpkin Soup was wonderful as was the Shrimp Pasta. The second night we had dinner in the main dining room. Over the two-hour meal we had Jumbo Lump Crab Dressed with Citrus Crème Fraiche and Caesar Salad. My husband had the Prime Filet of Beef Tenderloin, so tender, and I had the herbed Basted Supreme of Salmon. Wonderful!
Our dessert both meals was a Warm Chocolate Fudge on Chocolate cake with ice cream. The main dining room decorated their signature rhododendron plate with our name and 35th Anniversary in chocolate.
It is in the details that makes the Greenbrier a touch above. The staff was friendly and the resort is elegantly inviting.
You have to try the Bellini Martini in the Lobby Bar!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv