I had visited the Greenbrier for a conference a few years ago, and had been waiting for a chance to take the family there. The lodging is expensive, but we were able to live like the other half for a couple of nights. The decor is outstanding and takes you back to a different time. The service was great, as everyone we ran into treated us like royalty. We ate most meals at the golf pro shop, at the cafe at the wonderful outdoor pool or in the less expensive dining options in the hotel. We had a great time wandering the main building and the property. The indoor pool is fabulous. We played golf on the Old White and Greenbrier courses, and did the bunker tour. The price tag for this was very high, but if you can afford a short visit, it's great to experience the wonderful luxury and to live like royalty for a couple of days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv