Went just for an overnight a few days before New Year's for a quick holiday "get away". I've read about the Greenbrier and heard different things over the years but wanted to see it for myself. The experience was excellent and well worth the trip. This is an easy place to get to compared to many other places in West Virginia. It's just a few minutes off of 64. From Richmond, Tidewater area, Baltimore or Washington, DC metro areas is almost all highway or take Amtrak. The place is huge with tons of things to do. We are an almost middle age couple and seemed to be one of just a few there this past weekend. There were mainly families and friends who traveled there to enjoy being together at a wonderful place where there is a lot to do for everyone. Great to see families together just enjoying being with each other. Greenbrier offers A LOT of options for all ages. It's almost overwhelming. It certainly made us regret not booking for a longer period. We stayed in a cottage. Very cozy yet plenty of room. Loved the fireplace, décor, amenities and just the "feel" of the place. It's formal yet laid-back at the same time. The staff we encountered were all very friendly and professional. The few we spoke to just gushed with pride when they spoke about Greenbrier. Many have worked there for a long time. We walked the grounds and went to the spa, pool and ate at Prime 44 (steakhouse mainly) and had room service for breakfast. Everything was first class. Food was excellent. Service was extremely attentive and on top of things. If you enjoy going to a classic resort with a ton of history, many options to enjoy and just kind of lose yourself in what they have to offer, you'll love it here. I like the dress code and the way they do things at Greenbrier. I know its on the higher price side as far as a vacation getaway but its in line with any other resort of this caliber and for us the travel to and from cost was minimal. We tend to experience a place and then look for somewhere else to go for the next trip. Here, I regret not staying longer and look forward to going back again and probably again and again with each time hopefully introducing others (i.e. kids/family/friends) to this special place if we don't selfishly just travel there by ourselves!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv