The Greenbrier is a magnificent property and you'll ooh and ahh your way around the many sitting areas and shops in the main building. It was nice to be greeted with sparkling wine and we were very pleased with our Spring Row Cottage ~ we especially enjoyed the fireplace.
Also, we did have top notch meals in the Main Dining Room, where the chef prepared us some epic scrambled tofu in the morning. However, at The Homestead the chefs had actually come out in person to speak with us about our vegan meal preferences ~ and that kind of personalized service is hard to beat.
The Greenbrier's gym could use some renovation and could definitely be cooled down, and while we did enjoy our spa treatments, the facilities are underwhelming to say the least ~ especially once you've discovered the life-changing Aqua Thermal Suite at The Homestead's spa.
The glass-blowing demonstration was fun and the shops really are pretty fantastic. Dinner at The Forum was slow and a little disturbing ~ when they brought my mom gnocchi swimming in oil and drenched in cream and cheese and kept promising it was vegan.... Well, we didn't really know whether to laugh or cry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv