The room prices were reasonable considering the fame of this hotel and its attraction as a historic resort, fascinatingly huge and borderline gaudy. Nice staff, willing to help, upgraded my room, took me on a tour. Watch out for the costs! I had a baked potato to go for $12 (first they charged me $17, and the maitre d' saw my point and dropped the cost, though the server would not). You really need to budget a lot of money for your stay to dine there three meals of the day. I did not like the room, felt like I was in a cubicle in a warren of rooms, insufficient light. I am sure it is WONDERFUL at Christmas with so many activities and great for vacationing families. As a business solo, well, it wasn't my cup of tea. And it's fascinating for its size, a classic. I was upgraded to a big cottage, so nice of them to do this. The bathtub water came out rusty brown for a while, that was disconcerting. All in all, it's a grand dame of hotels and one for the vacationing family with money to spare.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia, The Greenbrier is a National Historic Landmark and an award-winning resort that has been welcoming guests since 1778. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your The Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greenbrier Hotel White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Resort White Sulphur Springs
- Greenbrier Wv